Wednesday 24 January 2024

Hey, Sunshine!

Hi There! Thought I would share a super quick but colourful card with you that will brighten the dullest of days.

I began by blending 3 shades of distress oxides through the inkable on to an ivory deckle edged card. 
On a piece of card, I stamped the Doodle Art rainbow bird in Black versafine clair and coloured it by painting with Dina Wakley gloss drops.
Next I die cut a circle from ivory card and stamped it with the circles stamp from Journal art Elements 3 using spiced marmalade distress oxide ink. 
I attached this to the centre of the card using foam pads, adding the bird on the top. I added the sentiment in versafine clair ink.

Finally I added a few dayglow highlights using Gelly Roll moonlight pens.
Here is the finished card again.

I used:
6x6" ivory card blank
Distress oxide inks in Twisted citron, mustard seed and spiced marmalade

Today's January savers are the fabulous mdf journals that you can find here . I will be live on the Bee Crafty Facebook page at 8pm this evening, so I hope you can join me. Thanks for looking! 

2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! I love this card, so bright and very cheerful, with great design as always Sally. Sorry I've not been around, hope to be more regular in the future. I've caught up with seeing your marvellous work though :)
Faith x

Pat said...

This beautiful card would brighten anyone's day Sally and I love that bird on the circle with the sweet little stamped circles and then the egg timers stencilling in the background looks fabulous...just adore that colour combination and will be using that myself as not one I have tried. x