Wednesday 10 January 2024

New Year, New Journal

 

Hi There! Thought I would share my first completed page in my new journal today. It's a Dylusions mini journal, although this page would work equally well in any A5 notebook or sketchbook

I began by adding random patches of magenta and ocean acrylic paint to a double page. I used some Dina Wakley paints that need using up, but Dylusions paints in Blue Hawaiian and Bubblegum pink would give a similar effect. Where the paints mix they are a fabulous purple colour. I purposefully left the top left corner colour free as a place to put the sentiment.
I taped the chrysanthemum 6x6 inkable in the bottom right corner and added black gesso through it with a stencil brush. I removed the inkable carefully and left the page to dry.
Next I added a stem to the chrysanthemum, using a black sharpie pen and painted the top left corner with white gesso. I extended this gesso very lightly across the pink and blue areas and left to dry. 
Once the paint was completely dry I used wilted violet distress oxide through the circles D'inkable over the paler areas.
I used distress oxide inks to stamp some of the Doodle Art mandalas over the background. 
whilst the stamping dried I stamped two of the sentiments from mixed messages #1 onto a scrap of thin card using versafine clair inks and cut them out
I added these to the page using matte medium and added a little texture paste through the small dots D'inkable. 

Here is the finished page once more...
and here is a close up to show the stamping and texture. 

I used:
Dylusions mini journal
White gesso
Distress oxide inks in Tumbled Glass. Salty Ocean, Shaded Lilac and Wilted violet
Versafine clair ink in Monarch and Fantasia

It was really lovely to just play in my journal and make a good start on this new one that has been lying here since I finished the previous one back in September. I will be live on the Bee Crafty facebook page tonight at 8pm. Hope you can join me!
Thanks for looking! 

1 comment:

Pat said...

What a bright and beautiful journal page Sally and I love the large chrysanthemum in black which stands out brilliantly and I love the large and small dots with some lovely texture from the paste, and some pretty mandalas added into the mix as well. x