Wednesday 19 November 2008

It wasn't going to be a christmas card...


A few weeks ago I was having a bit of a play with some stampboard, which I hadn't made into a card. Scraping away the ink from the surface made a really good snow effect, and it turned into a christmas scene. A bit of glitter glue round the edge and a few scratched stars finished it off. So this is the finished article - an unintentional christmas card! The stamp is another from Lavinia stamps and the background paper is a left over from last year - Dovecraft I think. I am trying to use up some of the vast amounts of background papers I have and not buy any for a while. Some are so lovely I don't want to spoil them by using them (like all of those produced by Crafty individuals)! Some are a bit garish and retro, and most magazines seems to be using something similar. I'm not even sure why I bought them! Maybe we ought to have a challenge - find the piece of backing paper you own that you dislike the most and turn it into a card.
If you are up for the challenge, email me your pics and I will put them on my blog - might even find some blog candy for a winner!

No comments: