Thursday 13 November 2008

A walk in the Park



I wanted to take class 5 on a walk around Wollaton Park, to 'observe seasonal changes' and collect materials for a natural collage we are creating. I studied the weather forcasts and the only decent day was going to be Wednesday, so yesterday we did our walk. It was glorious! The colours of the trees were beautiful and the weather was too!


We saw this rather splendid Stag (my Camera has a very good zoom on it - we didn't get that close in the rutting season!) Not sure if he had been kicked out by another stag or if he was protecting his girls from a distance. This was the first time many of the children had seen Deer, despite living only half a mile from the park. I got asked some amazing questions, like "Do they have sharp teeth?" and "Do they eat people?". It was a wonderful morning. I think we all slept well last night!

No comments: