Tuesday 1 September 2009

Birds and a feather...

I've made these over the past few days. The first was an experiment to see what sort of effect you get colouring with promarkers on pearlised card, and it's quite good. You need to use darker colours, but the sheen does show through. The stamp is from the Elusive images Peacock Glory themeplate.
You know that saying 'a stamp in the hand is woth 2 through the post'... well I found the butterflies and birds inchies (Inkadinkado) on Victoria Market in Nottingham, and although they were probably £1.50 more than I would have paid elsewhere I had to get them. Don't look too closely. It isn't very straight.
Finally, here is Bernard (Digistamp boutique) teamed with my mind's eye papers and leaf stamp.
Well, I'm back to work tomorrow so I've been rushing around a bit today. I turned up the sleeves on Meg's blazer, made a cake, made a box, printed out timetables, planning and Data for the school and wrote down what I want to talk about in tomorrow's meeting. I completely forgot about Passion for promarkers (might get round to it later in the week). I'm really nervous about tomorrow. I know, I've been a teacher for 20 years - I should be used to it, but I am acting deputy until Christmas, and there is that little bit more pressure. Still, the extra money will help my new car and craft funds, lol!

5 comments:

lisa said...

These are all great Sally. That peacock stamp is gorgeous and I love the colours you've used.
The inchies are lovely, I'm never sure what to do with them, I shall have to get them out again and I love your cheeky owl.
Sounds like you are going to busy at work, all the best for the new term.

Lisax

Lynne K said...

Wow! The peacock card is gorgeous. I hadn't thought of using Promarkers on pearlised card, but it obviously works well. Can't say I'm particularly happy about going back to school tomorrow, but at least we've got the Harrogate show to look forward to next weekend!

Debbie Dolphin said...

these are lovely sally.The peacock is gorgeous too.
debbiexxx

craftimamma said...

These cards are all gorgeous Sally, the middle one being my own personal favourite. I haven't got those inchie stamps but there are some lovely images on each one.

I haven't played with the Peacock Glory stamps in ages - must get them out and I love your digi owl. He's so cheeky!

No wonder your a bit nervous about going back to school, but I'm sure you'll be fine. Think about all the extra stash you can buy, Lol!

Lesley Xx

June said...

Ohhh Sally, how do you do it? you have been so busy and these are allreally gorgeous pieces. I love the winking owl as its fun but every single one of these is a stunner
hugs June x