Sunday 5 December 2010

A fabulous day

Megan and I did make it to Sir Stampalot yesterday, despite the snow. It had snowed quite a lot more the previous night and I was beginning to doubt our chances, but slightly higher temperatures and a bit of rain soon gave me hope. The journey was fine, thanks to Meg's navigating and directions to bring us along more major roads from Janice. The inspiration from the ladies demonstrating was great, and it was wonderful to see my lovely friends Chris and Brenda once more.
Here is a card inspired by both Brenda and Chris.
I covered a piece of card in Fired brick, wild honey and shabby shutters distress inks then over stamped with a Woodware Clear Magic holly stamp. I added a pleated flower in black metallic card and a punched border. I finished it off with a bit of stickles on the berries, which you can see better in this picture.
Simple and quick, but I'm very pleased with the result! I'm entering this in the Keep it Simple Challenge where the theme is 'Deck the Halls...' and the sponsor is Whimsey stamps'
I've also made a couple more...
 Couldn't resist that PB stamp- sooo cute! It reminded me of Robert's dog, Harry that you can see here (look at that snow just ten miles north of us!)
Check this out. The set of stamps that I used for this card cost only £4.99 for 14 stamps! What a bargain! The Paula Pascual range are available here. Thanks, Janice, Andy, Chris and Brenda for a lovely day.  Well, better go and mark a few more books and stop enjoying myself quite so much!

13 comments:

craftimamma said...

Hi Sally, Sorry I've not been to visit recently (and boy, have you been busy). I have no proper excuse other than I seem to be having trouble keeping up with life in general at the moment. Lots of family demands with an elderly mum and Mamma duties are taking up a lot of time. I'm seriously considering coming out of retirement because I had more spare time when I went to work part time. Silly, eh?

Anyway, I see you have been making some beautiful cards recently and these are lovely. I loe the black pleated 'flower'. It's really effective against the vibrant background. I can see what you mean about the little dog reminding you of Harry too, Lol!

I'm glad the weather didn't stop your visit to Sir Stampalot yesterday. I've not been able to get out of our cul-de-sac since last Tuesday as we've had far too much snow and today it was the ice that stopped play. I'm starting to get a bit stir crazy, Lol!

Take care and stay warm.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Mandi said...

Great card, love that holly stamp

Thanks for joining us at KIS this week

mandi xx

chris said...

Hi Sally, Pleased we inspired you.
both your cards are gorgeous, and your stamps were a bargain, I must have a look at the new ones.
so pleased to see you and megan yesterday and you braved the weather. hugs to you both love chris xx

Tracy said...

Really wonderful designs, looks like you had a great time and even with the weather. Do love the snowman what a fun card.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Unknown said...

Glad you managed to get there sounds like an inspiring day was had by you both x Love your cards too x Keep warm x Janet

Jules said...

Hi Sal

Glad you made it safely through the snow.

Great makes. All gorgeous but the first is my favourite.

Hope you got all of those books marked!!

Love Jules xx

PinksyDoodles said...

Hi Sally,
Glad to hear you and Megan has a wonderful day at Sir Stampalot.
Your cards are fabulous!
Hugs, Clare x

brenda said...

It was great to see you as well Sally, thanks so much for making the trip in the rotten weather.

B x

Kay Carley said...

Oh I'm so jealous Sally that you went to the demo at Sir Stamp - I would have loved to have visited but live just too far away! Sounds like you enjoyed your day there! xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Three very different cards - all of them beautiful. I do love the snowmen card - the image is adorable. The flower on the first card is stunning (fab. colours on that one), and those stamps on the last card were an absolute bargain - love the way you've stamped the snowflakes to one side - very classy!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

pinky said...

So glad you made it up to Sir Stampalot and got to play with the girlies. Love your cards, that holly stamp is gorgeous, or is it just what you did with it makes it gorgeous:) Love the cute PB card and your bargain stamps...wow! Don't be working too hard. Our schools have been off for two days now because of the this rotten snow:(
Pinky

Cindy Groh said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the flower and the background in the first card. I love the snowmen and how you embossed each side of the card on the second one.I love the blue and white (very dynamic) and how they are all over to the right in the third one. You are very talented. Excellent job.

Michelle said...

Beautiful cards Sally, love the inked holly card, but cant decide wether I like the blue best. Heck they are all gorgeous. Hope you're well and happy.
Much love
x Michelle