Wednesday 30 March 2011

Another birthday card and more hospital!

Here is another birthday card I made for another of my work colleagues this week using the Hobby Art harbour set of clear stamps. I coloured them with promarkers. The DP is from the Joanna Sheen oriental dreams cd.
As mentioned in the post title, we have had another visit to the hospital today, this time with Megan. She has a fracture on her little finger on her right hand. Not the best news as her guitar playing will have to be restricted to just strumming for a few weeks. It didn't look too bad until the bruising started to come out... now she looks like she has been rolling it in Stormy sky distress ink! She has been very brave about the whole thing. It happened in a PE lesson when she tried to catch the basket ball. Bless her, she was more concerned about me having to set foot in 'that' hospital again than her own injury! She says she didn't think it was broken because it didn't hurt that much. I'm putting a photo on, so don't scroll down any further if you don't want to see!

9 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Its not going to do her crafting much good either is it! Poor Meg hope she heals quickly.

Love those Hobby Arts stamps great looking scene. XOXO Zoe

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous card Sally - this scene makes me long for warm weather and holidays by the sea!
So sorry to hear about Megan's broken finger - hope it heals quickly. Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Fliss said...

Gorgeous card Sally and really sorry to hear about Megan's finger. It looks rather painful and hope it gets better soon.
xx

Lisa Jane said...

ouch that finger looks painful. Hope it heals soon.
Fab card - i love the seaside .. and this takes me straight there .. i can hear the sea gulls and the waves lapping
Lisa x

Lesley Edmonds said...

Poor little mite - I hope the healing happens very quickly.
Fab card - summer's coming!!!

lisa said...

Ohhhhh poor Megan. I bet that really hurts. It sounds like she's been really brave though. Hope it's not too long before she's strumming that guitar again.
Your Harbour card is beautiful. I love the seagulls making a noise on the posts.
Hugs Lisax

Lynne K said...

Poor Meg! Doubt I would have been so brave! Hope the finger heals very quickly.

Fab card. Might have to get that set. xx

craftimamma said...

Oooh poor Megan. Jenna broke her ring finger on her left hand in a school basket ball tournament many years ago and bad Mum that I was said 'it's alright, it's only a sprain!' After a couple of days when it was still agony I thought we'd best get it checked ............. sure enough it was broken! She's never let me forget it, lol!

Love the card Sally. Those background papers are perfect behind your lovely scene.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Tracy said...

Poor Megan, her finger looks so sore, I do hope she doesn't have too much pain and it heals quickly.

I love this scene, fabulous for holiday memories, also great kids card for those little ones that like Balamory.
Happy crafting
Tracy x