Sunday 25 January 2015

Rudolf Day at Scrappy Mo's

It is 25th of January and time for the first Rudolf day of 2015. I had printed out a whole load of Christmas birds from Nicecrane designs and hadn't used them before Christmas, so I set to making some into cards for Rudolf day. It seemed particularly apt as it was the RSPBs big garden birdwatch this weekend.


I used a Sheena Douglass embossing folder that was also in the sale at The Range, a sentiment from Inkylicious and snippets of coloured card and ribbon from my stash. I used my ink dusters to add a tiny bit of colour to the dry embossing and all of the dies are from Spellbinders. the border on the robin card was made using a Martha Stewart punch. Oh yes, and oodles of stickles!
Do pop over to Scrappy Mo's and join in the fun for Rudolf day. I am also taking these along to Miss Di's Snippet Playground as I have used up some snippets too. I'd like to say a big thank you to Di, as she is posting my gorgeous prize of some wonderful stamps as I type this. I was lucky to win at the playground last week, despite some 'horsing around' lol!

Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Irene said...

Sally, your cards are wonderful, and I just LOVE the birds especially the little robins, what would Christmas be without them. A brilliant idea to add a little bit of sparkle to the snow.

luv
irene
xxxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Three beautiful cards Sally. I love the gorgeous bird pictures and the embossing folder too.

Sue xx

Jean said...

Beautiful cards Sally, the bird pictures are lovely and they look great mounted on the super embossed cards.
Jean x

Canonbury creations said...

Beautiful cards Sally, love those little birds:)
Val x

LesleyG said...

lovely flock of cards! love all the glitter too, and congrats on your win, well done! xxx

Joan said...

Beautiful cards Sally, love the robins and that's a great embossing folder background.

Joan x

MaryH said...

Sally, I'm doing the 'evens' at Rudy Day, but wanted to pop over to see your card. Love these birds and recognized the NCrane style at once. What lovely cards you made with these fab images. Thanks for joining in with 2015's #1 Rudy Day. Look forward to seeing all that you can share during the year. Big Hugs.

maria's knutselplezier said...

Your cards are so beautiful Sally I really love those backgrounds, with the contrasting colours of the births !!!


Greetings
Maria

Sarn said...

Those bird images are really lovely. Great festive snippets makes, and fab embossing. Love them all.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

sally said...

Very apt for the bird watch w/e! I meant to join in but had surprise visitors & it was dark by the time they left :-( but my visiting woodpeckers did show up as usual!

Sally

Di said...

Three beautiful cards Sally! Love that embossing folder! And yes, I did realise you ought to be on the naughty step rather than winning a prize :) Posted it yesterday so it's en route already!

We did Bird Watch too - our robin appeared but he's very skittish (bit like a horse really) - although we have two little bluetits who sleep in the bird box every night, aw.

Hugs

Di xx

Mrs A. said...

I particulary like the last card. The idea of linking the ribbon through the die cut looks great.
I'm off to another Lavina Scenes workshop on Friday. Doing spring scenes this time. I hear talk of a Polar Vortex being on the way with nasty weather to follow.
Best get me snow shoes at thee ready then. hugs Mrs A.

scrappymo! said...

Oh my goodness Sally...I am going to have to order that fabulous EF. Your cards look fab...the birds are so sweet on that snowflake background.

Thank you for taking part in my first Rudolph Days challenge of 2015.

Carola Bartz said...

The little birds on your cards are so super cute. Lovely cards, Sally!

Darnell said...

You have showcased your stunning images beautifully, Sally! Each one is fairly singing from their spotlighted places on your pretty cards!! Great use of snippets and I love the embossing!! Hugs, Darnell

Carole Z said...

Sally, thank you for visiting my blog recently and commenting on my NBUS card...sorry I have taken so long to pop over here! Love your cards! Hugs Carole Z X