Tuesday 17 April 2018

Meg's Birthday

Today my wonderful daughter turns 21! We had a meal out at the weekend and tonight we are having an evening together before she returns to Sheffield tomorrow.
She has grown from this....

 to this...
and we are so proud of her and love her to bits!
Here is the birthday card I made for her. I took lots of inspiration from Marianne Lait, who worked some amazing magic with this stamp set for her Hobby Art DT samples. Do pop over and see Marianne's blog. She designs for both Hobby Art and Lavinia and her project are stunning!
I used glossy accents on the dragonflies and added some liquid pearls to the stamens of the cellandines. All of the flowers and the dragonflies are attached with 3d glue gel and the card is 8 x 8". the scene was created using ink dusters and distress ink with some stamping in memento. 
Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Wies said...

Congratulations with the 21-th birthday of your daughter Meg. You have made a beautiful crd for her. I realy love the dragonflies, specialy the way you coloured the largest one.
Greetings, Wies

Lynne K said...

Simply stunning! Love it! Hope Meg has a wonderful day xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Happy Birthday Meg, looking good :)

I LOVE the main dragonfly and flowers, so much detail and colour, I'm sure Meg was thrilled with this special card for her on her special day.

Faith
x

Cath Wilson said...

Beautiful card, Sally. Can't believe that little girl is 21 already! Proud parents, I'm sure :-)

Cath x

Joan said...

Happy 21st to your daughter Sally and what a beautiful card you made for her. Love the shimmery dragonfly and the pretty celandines (even though they are the bane of my life in my garden so many I have to treat them as weeds).

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Sally, I'm doing a bit of catching up with the commenting, so Men's birthday Will have been and gone, so I hope she had a wonderful day.
Your card is stunning, the dragonflies are amazingly gorgeous, love your design and colours, Kate x x