Sunday 19 August 2018

A Wedding

Yesterday my lovely niece was married. She is an ecologist and a bit of an expert on Dragonflies. I knew straight away which stamps to use when I started making her a card. The Hobby Art dragonflies were coloured with zig cleancolor markers and I added a little gelly roll sparkle pen and glossy accents to the eyes. When the eyes were dry I painted over the dragonflies with glossy slap-it-on from Indigo Blu. The reason I went for the two products is that they have different levels of shine. The background was created with ink dusters and then stamped with hobby Art wildflowers and dotted with white and stardust gel pens.
Here is a close-up of those eyes and the detail of the wings.
And here are a few photos from the big day...


Thanks for looking and please leave some love on my mid month inspiration post from yesterday too!
(Anyone would think I was on holiday - two posts in two days, lol)

6 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful card Sally, it makes a change from the more traditional wedding cards too with a bride and groom. Fantastic photos too, especially the wonderful shoes that they were wearing.

Sue xx

Helen said...

gorgeous card Sally and perfect for your niece. Love the wedding photos, too.

brenda said...

It's a wonderful card and soiunds very fitting and what a fabulous colour choise for the wedding, so different and beautiful and I so want a pair of shoes like the brides.

B x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A MAGNIFICENT card Sally, so Beautiful and I love your Nieces gorgeous wedding, so unusual, but what happy flowers and colours.
Faith
x

cuilliesocks said...

What a beautiful Bride Sally, her wedding dress and those shoes are gorgeous, beautiful Bridesmaids too. I've never seen sunflowers as a bouquet before, they are amazingly lovely, I always think of them as happy flowers and always bring a smile to my face, how apt a flower for a happy day.
Your card is awesome, the dragonflies are amazing, beautifully coloured too, I love the background with the meadowflowers, a stunner and it will be treasured, Kate x x

Karen Dunbrook said...

love this fab card!
x Karen