Monday 30 August 2021

Oak leaf window card

Hi there! Thought I would share how I made this card with you today. 

I began by attaching the oak leaf inkable to a square of a 6 x 6" kraft card and sponged unicorn white ink through the aperture. 
 
Once this was dry I used blending brushes to make a sun in mustard seed Distress oxide inks then added spiced marmalade, crackling campfire and walnut stain around the yellow with the darkest colour at the edges.

next I used a white pen to go around the inner edge of the inkable, then removed it.
I placed the inner part of the inkable over the leaf shape and used a blending brush to add some Memento Espresso Truffle ink around the edges to create a shadow. 
I put the outer part of the inkable back in place and used a skyline inkable to add a few hills at the bottom of the leaf.
Then I stamped the Elder in the memento ink on to the leaf shape.
I removed the inkable and added a few sequins around it. I also added a few spots of clear stardust gelly roll pen to the elder stamp. I trimmed the card a little and inked the edge with the memento ink before attaching to a 6x6 kraft card. The 3d effect created by using the darker ink to make a shadow really made it pop, I think.
Here are links to the products I used:
6x6" kraft card
Memento Espresso Truffle ink
Beautanicals Elder stamp set from the End of Line section
Gelly Roll stardust pen
Sequins

Thanks for looking and Happy Crafting! 

7 comments:

meg said...

Thank you so much for the tutorial Sally,a beautiful card in gorgeous warm autumnal colours

Pat said...

This leaf looks brilliant Sally and such pretty autumnal tones and a great idea to create a scene within it. The white outline makes it stand out beautifully on the kraft card and some added shading around it gives it wonderful dimension, and some pretty sparkly gems as a finishing touch. x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A lovely card and a great tutorial Sally, thank you x

cuilliesocks said...

What a lovely card and a super how to from your Sally. I love the Autumnal colours, Kate x

Joan said...

Another lovely card Sally, I'm trying to resist those Inkables but feel I'm losing the battle after seeing your makes !


Joan x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a gorgeous card Sally.

Sue xx

Mac Mable said...

I so enjoyed reading the design process and what a unique and fabulous effect on your amazing card Sally x.