Tuesday 23 May 2023

A kraft journal page

 

Hi There! Thought I would have a little play in my Kraft Journal yesterday. Here's the page I completed. So far I have done mainly double page spreads in this journal but I thought I would ring the changes and just do a single page this time.

I began by brayering a little gesso onto the page.
Next I stamped the  Script stamp in vintage photo distress oxide ink onto the page.
I used a 6x6 mandala and a blending brush to add some spiced marmalade distress oxide over it. 

Whilst that dried I stamped some leaves from Journaling essentials 2 onto a scrap of white card using versafine clair shady lane ink and cut them out. 
I stamped the sunflower (flower only) onto another piece of white card, coloured it and cut it out.
Back on the background I stamped and embossed more leaves using twisted citron distress embossing glaze, and added the first leaves with matte medium
I also added the sunflower and used versafine clair black ink to add some more stamping from the journalling essentials set around the page
On a scrap of black card I stamped and embossed the sentiment from mixed messages 3, cutting each line apart. 
Finally I added the sentiment to the page too. 
I used:
Versafine Clair ink in Shady Lane and Nocturne
Versamark ink for embossing

There are still lots of offers on the Bee Crafty website to celebrate Bee Crafty's 21st birthday, along with challenges on the Bee Crafty Facebook group. Hope you can join in! 
 Thanks for looking! 

4 comments:

Pat said...

I love the look of the brayered gesso with the script and the added orange through the mandala is very pretty and the pretty orange sunflower coordinates beautifully, and finished perfectly with the added journalling stamps and sentiment strips..a wonderful journal page Sally. x

cuilliesocks said...

This is a fabulous pages Sally, I love all the texture and images, lovey bright summer colours too, Kate x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Always very artistic and beautiful projects from you Sally, this is no different, it's gorgeous.
Faith x

Joan said...

A fab page Sally, love how you have worked directly onto the Kraft,grea background and lovely pop of colour with the sunflower



Joan x