Wednesday 20 September 2023

Free as a Bird

 

Hi There! As a little inspiration for this month's challenge over in the Bee Crafty Facebook group I have made this simple card. Here is what I did...

I began by masking a border around the 5x5" square card using stamp and stencil tape.
next I blended peacock feathers and wilted violet distress ink across the white space
I used one of the latest dinkables from set 12 to layer over some more peacock feathers ink.
Next I stamped the row of mini rainbows from the Bee mine set along each side using wilted violet.
I stamped and cut out the largest rainbow bird and used the same inks to watercolour him
I shaped him a little and added him to the background using sticky pads
I also added some twinkly spots to him using a gelly roll stardust pen
Finally I stamped the sentiment in white ink onto a scrap of black card and added it to the card.
I used:
A 5x5" square card blank
Distress inks in Peacock Feathers and Wilted Violet
White ink
a scrap of black card

I hope this has inspired you to have a go and join in the challenge! 
Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Pat said...

This masked frame really pops in the Peacock Feathers and Wilted Violet DI's and I adore the way you have coloured the bird Sally and given it lots of dimension with the sticky pads, and love the white on black for the lovely sentiment...a beautiful card! x

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sally, it's a lovely bird image and such lovely colours, Kate x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the colour mix and your special bird Sally. Also a super background.
Faith x