Wednesday 10 April 2024

More Collage Backgrounds

Hi there! The theme for our Bee Crafty Facebook challenge this month is Collage, so I made another card with a collage background. This one is more precisely cut with strips of paper the same width but different colours.

I began by arranging the strips diagonally over a 4.5 inch square of card. I stuck them down using matte medium. 
When this was dry I trimmed the ends to make it square again. 
I used black soot distress oxide ink to add some circles through the inkable big one. 
I also added some texture paste through the dots dinkable. 
Next I stamped the largest mandala from Doodle art Mandalas set #1 in Black Versafine Clair Ink.
I cut out the centre and coloured it using ecoline pens
on a scrap of black card I stamped the sentiment from small words in Versamark ink and embossed it using fine detail white embossing powder. I cut this into a banner shape.
Finally, I added the mandalas to the centre of the background using 3d glue gel. I mounted this onto a 5inch square card, adding the sentiment and some gold liquid pearls to finish.
Here's a close up of the centre. 
I used:
5inch square white card
4.5inch square of card
Strips of card in coordinating colours
Distress oxide ink in black soot
Big ones inkable - Circles for circles
Texture paste - opaque matte
Ecoline pens
3d glue gel
Versamark ink
Black card 
Gold Pearl liquid Pearls
 
Thanks for looking and I hope you get chance to enter the challenge! 

1 comment:

Pat said...

I love the strips of different coloured card you have put together for the background Sally and the black circles and texture paste dots look great over the top, and the two different stamped images are so pretty with the whole thing and then just the flower shape cut and coloured so bright in shades of purple and blue and with a lovely added sentiment and some super gold liquid pearls on the petal shapes to finish...a gorgeous card. x