Wednesday 15 May 2024

Inky Background Card

Hi There! I had lots of offcuts of white card on my desk so thought I would make use of one for this card.
 
I began by blending Distress ink across the card. I used Wild Honey, Abandoned Coral and Seedless Preserves. 

Next I placed over the Tag inkable from set 3 and blended black ink through it. 
Using the crackle stamp not on a block, I randomly stamped patches of crackle in Versafine Clair ink.
I added stamping using journaling essentials #1 in Abandoned Coral, Seedless Preserves and Versafine Clair black ink. 
I added a splatter of Dina Wakley White gloss spray and left to dry. 
On a scrap of black card I stamped and heat embossed a ticker tape sentiment in white.
I stamped a sketchy flower in black, coloured with pencils and cut out
Finally I matted the panel onto a 6x6 inch card, adding the sentiment and the flower on foam pads.
I used:
6x6 inch white card
14 x 7cm piece of smooth white card
Distress ink in Wild Honey, Abandoned Coral, Seedless Preserves and Black Soot
Dina Wakley White gloss spray
Embossing ink
Coloured pencils 
foam pads

I will be live at 8pm this evening over on the Bee Crafty Facebook page. I hope you can join me! 
Thanks for looking! 

2 comments:

Pat said...

This is beautiful Sally and I love the bright background you created with the three inks before adding the really pretty stencilling and stamping over it, and the really super flower coloured with pencils and cut out makes the perfect focal image, and a great sentiment on the three white on black strips added over the edge of the design and onto the white which makes it stand out well. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a lovely colour combination, love the added black stamping and the lovely flower, a beautiful design and card Sally. x