Wednesday 12 June 2024

Spots on rainbows!

Hi There! I am still loving playing with the latest stamps, Wordy stickers and D'inkables from Bee Crafty. Today I decided to get inky whilst providing a little more inspiration for the monthly Facebook group challenge, where the theme is spots. 
I began by inking a piece of watercolour card with a rainbow of distress oxide colours. 
Next I sprayed the leaves from the D'inkables with water and laid them on the inked surface. After a few seconds I lifted them off and blotted the excess water. This is known as faux bleaching. 
Once this was dry, I used another of the dinkables to add a little gesso inbetween the leaves.  

I added some more ink (seedless preserves and black soot Distress Oxide) through another D'inkable, along with Some stamping around the edges and in the middle. I set this aside to dry thoroughly.
I cut some circles (you could use dies or punches) from white card in two different sizes. I added faux stitching around them. 
I added wordy stickers to some and stamped on the others using stamps from Journaling Essentials #3
Finally I attached the white spots to the background using 3d foam tape, and attached it to the front of a 6x6" card.
I used:
6" square card blank
5.5" square of watercolour card
Distress Oxide inks in Lumberjack Plaid, Mustard Seed, Lucky Clover, Blueprint Sketch, Seedless Preserves and Black Soot.
gesso
circle punches or dies
Foam pads

I hope you like the results and I hope you will join in with the challenge. I will be live this evening at 8pm over on the Bee Crafty Facebook page doing some journaling with the new stamps if you fancy joining me there too. 
Thanks for looking! 

2 comments:

Pat said...

I love your rainbow of wonderful bright colours and the faux bleaching with the leaves has enhanced it so prettily Sally, and the added stencilling with white gesso and the purple and black gives lots of texture and interest to it and love the stamped crosses and then circles around the edges help to frame it beautifully and the white circles with more stamping and the word stickers really stand out over the top..a terrific card. x

Sally H said...

Thank you so much Pat xxx