Wednesday 5 June 2024

Spots!

 

Hi there! After last week's launch I was asked how I made a similar card to this, so here is a step by step tutorial to show you.

I began by selecting the papers - the same design but one in greyscale and one in colour. 
Next I used circle punches to cut circles from the colour sheet, which I then stuck onto the greyscale sheet in the correct position using matte medium. 
I blended a little coordinating ink around the edge then matted and layered onto an A6 base card.
I selected a sentiment from the transparency sheet and trimmed and added to the card with Matte Medium.
Next I stamped the leaves from Journaling Essentials #7 using two shades of Versafine Clair, clear embossed and cut it out. 
Finally I attached the leaf to the card using 3d foam pads. 
Here's another example using the same techniques, but with added stamping to create a border. 
For today's card I used:
A6 base card
Versafine Clair ink - I used Charming Pink and Summer Breeze
Paper/ card for matting and layering

I've chosen the theme of spots for this month's challenge over in the Bee Crafty Stamps Facebook group, so please come and join in! 

1 comment:

Pat said...

I love the way you added the pieces from the coloured pp onto the grey toned one Sally, and then added the bright and pretty leaves over the top, and your second example using a similar technique is equally bright and pretty..some wonderful inspiration here. x