Friday 13 November 2009

Where did this week go?!




Here is my card for this week's Tuesday Taggers (no patterned paper) and it follows the sketch for this weeks Passion for Promarkers. I used marsh green and burgundy(again) with cool grey 1, 2 and 3, blossom, ruby, cinnamon and pastel blue. The digistamp is from Digistamp Boutique and there was much use of my nesties and cuttlebug. Not my best colouring, and I think it is something to do with the card I printed on. I can't seem to get the 'In 2 crafts' stuff any more. Wilkinson's have stopped selling it and are now doing the stuff from create and craft which is thicker and allows more 'bleeding'.
This week has been completely mad. There has been lots of staff absence at work, with those of us that were there  having to cover. There were three trips besides the usual swimming. We are rehearsing for the school panto and I've had two new children start in my class. I haven't seen the house in daylight all week and my craft table looks like a bomb has hit it. I've made three cards this week and none are up to my usual standard. I would love a three day weekend so I could just catch up a bit! Off to do some tidying... I might make a better job of that!
Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Lynne K said...

Know just how you feel, Sally! I've been trying to make samples today for my next class & my first two attempts went straight in the bin! Couldn't seem to get them to work how I had envisaged them. Back to the drawing board. Nothing wrong with your card, though, it's lovely.

brenda said...

Hi Sally

Now there's a great idea - a three day weekend, I'll subscribe to that.

And my memories of Primary teaching are that this time of year is always manic, so can identify with all you say.

On to your card, it is very elegant, I nearly ducked out of this one, but when I put my mind to it actually enjoyed the challenge.

Teri said...

This is lovely - great card!
Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Taggers this week.
Hugs,
Teri xx

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Sally. Love the image you've used and the colouring also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

brenda said...

The tutorial is in the making Sally, have a demo day with them on 5th December so plenty in the making right now.

B x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Sally, what a cute card. I love the image and there is nothing wrong with your colouring - it looks perfect to me :) The embossed background is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

lisa said...

Afternoon Sally. It sounds very busy at work. I think this half term is always hectic. I'm only a parent helper but I've already been called in for two extra half days, although I did get a day off this week as my class were on a trip and they didn't need me, hence the Christmas cards getting made.
We are also going away for a few days in a couple of weeks so I'm having to plan for that too. I think we'll all be ready for a rest won't we.
Your card is beautiful. I love the way you've coloured it and left everything else white, it really works.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I hope you get some crafting done.

Lisax

Wiccababe said...

beautiful card Sally - particularly love the embossed background
thanks for joining in at PfP this week and good luck
Debbi
xx

Sian said...

Gorgeous card, love the image it's really cute.
Sian
x

Unknown said...

Sally this is a gorgeous card, I think we are too critical off ourselves...I had the same kind off day doing this weeks TT project, the bin was filling up, I was covered in paint etc, etc, Thanks for joining us at TT this week though, I am campaigning for 30 hour days, just for crafters...LOL....Hugs Avril xxx

Gina said...

Lovely card Sally, I just love this image :)
Thanks for joining us at PFP this week :)
Gina xxx

Milena said...

What a cute card; it has made me feel all wintery :)

lil-paper-pixie said...

This card is adorable I love it!!!! thanks for playing along at PFP.

Hugs

Sarah

Unknown said...

How cute is this! Love the mouse and the sketch too x Thanks for joining in with Tt this weekx Janet