Saturday 22 January 2011

A bit distressed!


I made a welcome to your new home card for a colleague. the stamp is from Galerie Vernissage by Inkadinkado. I coloured it with promarkers and mounted it on a torn terracotta coloured panel. I distressed the edges of this and the backing papers (Kaisercraft Devonshire collection 6x6 pad) with a Tim Holtz distressing tool and some Wild Honey distress ink. The pleated flower uses paper from the same pad.
As it is all distressed I'm entering it into this months Stampman challenge where the theme is all distressed. I might just manage another challenge this week as I need to make Steve's Birthday card and my Dad's too. The theme at Allsorts is Male, so it fits a treat- let's hope I find the time!
BTW I'm thrilled to bits that I won a stamp from 'An oldie but a goodie' last week with my house mouse in a teacup.  Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Perfect for a new home card and so well coloured. Congratulations on your win enjoy the rest of the week-end XOXO Zoe

Fliss said...

A really gorgeous card Sally and I just love those colours you used too. Lovely and cheery on a dull day down here.
Congratulations on your win too - great news,
Hope you're having a good weekend.
xx

lisa said...

Hi Sally. Congrats on your win. It was a great card.
Love this one too. What lovely bright colours. I think I'd like to live in a little cottage like this. Your rosette is beautiful. I must have a go at making one of these, they seem all the rage at the minute.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
hugs Lisax

chris said...

Hi There Sally hoping you are ok, it seems ages since we had a chat.
your country scene is perfect, very special. hugs chris xx

Fleur said...

Gorgeous card Sally
Hugz Fleur xXx

Anonymous said...

A perfect new home card.
Congrats on your win.

June said...

Ohh Sally this is gorgeous. beautiful work my friend and fab distressing too.
hugs June

craftimamma said...

Love all the distressing Sally and the image is perfect for the occasion. Beautiful colours too.

Hugs
Lesley Xx