Friday 20 July 2012

A Birthday card for a friend

I decided to have a play with the Summer distress inks again when I made this card for my friend Sarah's 40th Birthday. I used the Orchid stamps from Dimension Stamps and the Friend definition (Hero arts) to create the background. The main panel was coloured using my Ink Dusters and the summer distress inks. I added stickles and sprayed with glimmer mist to add a bit of sparkle which I think you can see here.
The orchid and the flower buds were coloured with distress ink too, but this time I used 'wild honey' for the orchid centre as well as 'picked raspberry'. I also added a bit of white gel pen. The base card was stamped with the smaller orchid stamp and Brilliance ink in Twilight.  Sorry if I don't get round to visiting you back for a little while. Mr Blogger is sending my comments off into the ether. I have been back to several places I have visited recently and found no comment, and after commenting I got a 503 error message. I'm also having a little break and some fresh air weather permitting. This half term has been very hectic, and I really need to recharge the batteries, and tidy up the mess that has accumulated on my desk over the past few weeks. I will be back by the end of the month. Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Doreen said...

Love the colours of this,just gorgeous.xxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

What a wonderful floral image Sally, and the inky colours are GLORIOUS! LOVE this card!
Hugs, Sylvia xx

Lisa Jane said...

wow gorgeous orchid.. i love the colours
Lisa x

Victoria said...

Beautiful colours and I love the friend definition in the background. Enjoy a lovely relaxing rest!

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous card love the stamp very exotic. The post man has nabbed my summer colours seeing this makes me want them even more! XOXO Zoe

brenda said...

Hi Sally,

I get the distinct impression you rather like the summer distressing. Have to say picked raspberry is totally yummy and the others aren't bad either.

Your orchid is just lovely, there are such beautiful flowers, one of mine has been on flower since February and still going strong.

B x

Paula (PEP) said...

Your base card stamping is lovely - such a super way of
keeping the 'theme' going. The wild honey centre is extremely effecitve as is your ink dusting with those inks.
Take care & hope you manage to get some rest.
Paula (PEP)

Canonbury creations said...

Gorgeous colours Sally and that stamp is stunning! Love that you raised it off the card. Have a wonderful break with hopefully some sunshine to recharge your batteries:)
Val x

craftimamma said...

An absolutely beautiful card Sally. Love the subtle touch of sparkle and the definition 'ghosting' in the background. Such a lovely effect.

Enjoy your little break and come back to blogland refreshed.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Anonymous said...

Stunning card Sally; those colours are beautiful.

Enjoy your well earned break.
xx

Debbie said...

love these gorgeous colors!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What beautiful colours you have put together the card is lovely.

Have a good summer and a rest, we all need it sometimes.

Just caught up with your fabulous cards. :)

Cath Wilson said...

Love what you've done with those colours - excellent. Hope you've had a good break - mine has only just begun but I'm loving it :-)