Monday 20 August 2012

Playing with highlighter pens

I've finally got round to having a play with highlighter pens as featured by Paula Whittaker in Craft Stamper last month and also on her own blog here. I used an orange highlighter, walnut stain distress ink and Inkylicious stamps on the first.
The second was done with a yellow highlighter, walnut stain distress ink and stamps from Hero Arts and Chocolate Baroque. I sprayed the second with a water mist to get the speckled effect. I will definitely be doing some more of these. Now what did I do with the blue and pink highlighters?!
Thanks, Paula, for sharing such a fab idea with us.
Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

These are both striking - love the crisp white background with the black script/music & the foliage - especially those teasels.
Paula (PEP)

brenda said...

Interesting techniques Sally and very effective results.

B x

Lynne K said...

Gorgeous! Love the teasels, but they're both really beautiful. A simple technique but so effective.x

Anonymous said...

Oh, I've been dying to have a go at this technique since I saw it in Craft Stamper. You've done a brilliant job here Sally - they're both fantastic!
xx

craftimamma said...

You've got excellent results with this technique Sally. I love both your cards. Teasels make such a beautiful stamped image don't they! I haven't had chance to try this out yet but I bought some new highlighters ready for when I get time as mine had all dried up.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Unknown said...

Both amazing cards Sally great to see the results of experimenting xx

Canonbury creations said...

I haven't had a go at this technique yet Sally but you have produced two fabulous cards, love that teazel stamp:)
Val x

Paula Whittaker said...

lovely take on the technique....and fab stamp choice.
Thanks for giving it a go and showing us your wonderful results x

Victoria said...

Fabulous results with this technique - it's on my 'to do ' list as well!

Linby said...

Great cards, love the stamps you used.
Lynn x

Mrs A. said...

The technique works a treat. These are gorgeous. Just got my Craft Stamper copy out and read the instructions. Will definitely be trying this out. Found a green, blue and a yellow marker in my bottom drawer! Hugs Mrs A.