Sunday 5 August 2012

Take Flight with Sir Stampalot

It's the first Sunday in the month and time for a new Challenge at Stampalot. This Month our theme is

    Take Flight

In other words we want you to show us any creations that feature things that fly, be it butterflies, birds or dragonflies, or even planes and helicopters!
Here is my creation.
This was my Niece's 30th Birthday card. The stamps are from Indigo Blu, stamped in Memento Black and coloured with promarkers. The die cut leaves around the edge are a Joy Crafts die. The tiny Dragonfly brads were from Lakeland in the days when they sold craft stuff for a while, several moons ago!
The prize for this month looks like this:
- Lots of lovely goodies with a flying theme! I'm really looking forward to visiting everyone's entries this month, so go and get some more inspiration from my amazing teamies on the DT, over on the challenge blog. I do hope you will join in this month.
I didn't get round to visiting as many people as I intended last night as I got all distracted by the Olympics! Wow! Another major haul of medals - Well done, team GB! I'd also like to congratulate everyone who was in the athletics stadium on their superb rendition of the national anthem when Jessica Ennis was awarded her medal. You sang brilliantly!
Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

brenda said...

Good morning Sal,

The Olympics have been distracting me all week, but you can't miss once-in-a-lifetime events are taking place in our own country.

There have been fabulous moments the last week, but I think last night was the icing on the cake, I can't begin to imagine her electrifying the atmosphere must have been in the stadium.

Your card is lovely and the owl is covered in so beautifully. I dabbled with buying the stamp of craft warehouse yesterday, but put it back on the rack because I knew I wouldn't be able to do it justice colouring in.

Have a lovely Sunday.

B X

Paula Whittaker said...

Nice to see you back....love your owl card, super work.

Lynne K said...

Stunning card, Sally! The owl is superb. Glad you had a good holiday, looking forward to seeing you & Meg next week! x

Lisa Jane said...

mmm.... well i have to comment as it is a beautiful card - but you know me and birds lol., we don't mix ..
Lisa x

Cath Wilson said...

A lovely owl and beautifully coloured, Sally x

Paula (PEP) said...

Love the owl & your colouring of him. Those tiny blue dragonflies are perfect against the colours of the leaves & I love your rosette.
Paula (PEP)

Canonbury creations said...

Welcome back Sally glad you had a great holiday! Love the owl amongst the leaves, beautiful colouring:)
Val x

pinky said...

I love what you have done this time Sally, its like peering into a forest. Fantastic owl too.

Victoria said...

I feel like I'm peering into the tree tops. The tawny is beautifully coloured.

Tracy said...

A wonderful creation, love the image and design.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Ruth said...

I love your card - the owl is really beautiful. So glad you enjoyed your holidays, Ruth x

Ellis said...

Wonderful owl card you have made, nice framing with the leaves! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Sally, your owl is wonderful. Looks like you had a fabulous holiday and at least you saw some sunshine x

Carola Bartz said...

Such a beautiful owl card - a real keeper. Lucky niece.