Wednesday 1 May 2013

Worn paint backgrounds

 Hello! I am here with more Inkylicious samples, this time using the worn paint background. My wooden picture frame was painted with Gesso then dusted and stamped with spring distress inks. I also used silver embossing powder. I am entering this into the latest challenge at Allsorts where the theme is anything but a card.
This was dusted with peacock feathers and festive berries distress inks.
 I will let you into a little secret - this one didn't make it to Deby as I manages to spill a cup of tea on it! It was dusted with barn door, wild honey and spiced marmalade distress inks. The stamping was done in Adirondack espresso
More spring distress ink and gold sparkle wow embossing powder.
There are still more samples to come.  I am going to try and put the remaining samples into one post  very soon!
Thanks for looking and for all your lovely comments!

17 comments:

Dawn said...

These are beautiful projects.

brenda said...

Now where have I seen that frame before Sal ? Deby was certainly taken with it.

Thanks for sharing more of your artwork and for joining us at Allsorts this week.

B x

Paula Whittaker said...

That stamp is so versatile, well it certainly is in your capable hands...fab projects as always Sally x

Jules said...

Morning Sal

Simply stunning .. .. I love each and every one of the projects .. .. ooops about the cup of tea!!!!

Wishing you a good day.

Love Jules xx

lisa said...

They are all beautiful, Sally. I love the blues and those sentiments are gorgeous. Can't wait for mine to come!!
Hope you are having a good week.
Hugs Lisax

Sue said...

These are all gorgeous Sally, perfect stamping an colouring xx

Paula (PEP) said...

And they just keep coming....... how you managed all this, plus sleep & taking care of your Dad......Superwoman is the word that springs to mind. The various effects demonstrate how versatile the woodgrain stamp is - your second one is my favourite but closely followed by the one that ended up under the tea......... Tea Dyed??
Congratiulations upon a tremendous effort with terrific results.
Paula (PEP)

Lynne K said...

All fabulous! That really is a versatile stamp. Haven't had time to play with mine yet! Pity about the spilt tea, could you have spilt a bit more and called it natural distressing?! Lovely card anyway. x

Sarn said...

WOW - FANTASTIC results here Sally. LOVE those sayings. Have just bought some Inkylicious stamps too!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Doreen said...

Wow all stunning projects,love them.xxx

Vicky Hayes said...

What fabulous card and projects you've made for the show Sally! Loving these samples using that fab background. Vicky x

Tracy Harris said...

I just love these effects . I have got to get one of these worn paint stamps !!! Beautiful cards Sally thank you
X

Anonymous said...

OMW!!! STUNNING work Sally - can see them so clearly here. I love the quote on the first frame.
xx

Canonbury creations said...

Fabulous artwork Sally love that worn paint technique:)
Val x

pinky said...

I just love the backgrounds Sally and the sentiment is brilliant.

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation Sally,they all are, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

craftimamma said...

These are all stunners Sally and I think that worn paint stamp was my favourite of the whole show. It's definitely top of my wish list at the moment.

Hugs
Lesley Xx