Thursday 26 December 2013

Brown and turquoise snippets with my new die!

Well, I hope you have all had a wonderful couple of days. Today (Boxing Day) was our family day and I did Turkey with all the trimmings and then a rather large buffet with home made bread for tea. Now they are all returned home, I can have a play with my new goodies that Santa brought!
I'm here with a card for a couple of challenges,
Allsorts - Brown with turquoise/blue/aqua
Pixies Crafty snippet playground
I have used my lovely new Chloe's stem (Thank you, Lynne!) with turquoise snippets from my drawer. They are all shades of turquoise as this angle shows

I stamped the frame with the butterfly script background stamp from Inky Doodles, in vintage photo distress ink and dusted with tea dye distress ink. They are all assembled (not very carefully with some slapdash gluing!) on a Kraft card.
I am off to the playground with some wood, nails and a hammer, to see if Mr Len and Miss Di need some help securing a few things. I hope they manage to not have anything else blow away over the next few days. Hope they both stay dry too. I have to say my heart went out to all those people who didn't have power on Christmas day. I am sure we could all cope with games of cards by candle light, but the cooking side of things I would have struggled with.Gammon cheese and crackers would have been our Christmas dinner.
Thanks for looking and I hope you have managed to have a wonderful Christmas despite the weather.

15 comments:

Craftnut said...

This is very pretty Sally, thanks for joining us at allsorts Tracy x

maria's knutselplezier said...

Beautiful Sally!!!, have a nice silent week and a happy, healthy and creative 2014!!

Greetings
Maria

Di said...

Oh lucky girl Sally - I adore the Chloe die and you made a beautiful card - the colour combo is perfect too.

We might be shouting for more nails later on today, high winds out in the Playground right now.

Ha! The oven problems got resolved - am soooo embarrassed and wearing a pair of asses ears here as penance.

Hugs, Di xx

Sarn said...

Love this Chloe stem card Sally. I have this die and love it to pieces. Lots of nice ideas on Pinterest for this die.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Mrs A. said...

The blue hues all look lovely together. This is one die that I don't own but love the look of. I have some stamps that look similar though. Perhaps I will treat myself for the new year. Lol. hugs Mrs A.

Sarah said...

Such a beautiful card Sally, I love the design. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts for our colour challenge. Wishing you a very happy Christmas and New Year x

Tracy Harris said...

Glad u enjoyed urself Sally - fantatic card xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Very effective with the way the stem bottoms are inside the aperture & the heads outside in the relevant places - nice bit of dimension. It's certainly a striking colour combination made all the more effective by your white focal image delineation.
Paula (PEP)

Linby said...

Oh no, another die I now want! Love how you used it and the co,ours are gorgeous.
Lynn x

brenda said...

So very pretty Sal and perfect for our theme. Am thinking how well this would go with a new stencil I have and Stampendoue P107 !!

Thanks so much for joining in at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

hi Sally thanks so much for being a blessing throughout the year.... and wow do love this card a great combo.

What a pity I couldn't send you our lovly weather over for you and the playground!
Every blessing for 2014.Shaz in Oz.x

Dora said...

beautiful card! just perfect.

♥Gemma♥ said...

Stunning card and gorgeous colours you have used...

Hope you had a great Christmas and all the best for the New Year!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

MaryH said...

Hi Sally, Just popping in to wish you a very Happy New Year, and so glad to read your Christmas was lovely, with some new stash. This Chloe die is so versatile, and I absolutely loved how you've used it. Your circle frame was the perfect background to show off the lovely stems, and how wonderful that Lynne helped you out with it. Crafters can be so generous, can they not? Looking forward to seeing more loveliness here in 2014, and thank you for all the kind comments & encouragement you've left me in 2013. Let's have even more fun in the coming year! TFS & Hugs

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I know a certain household (mine) that would have loved cheese and crackers for a Christmas meal as they tend to show up for many other meals as well. Not to belittle those without power. That would be tragic. And cold. I love the blue and brown combo. That die is truly lovely. I can see you getting a lot of use out of it.