Saturday 18 January 2014

Stamping Sensations mid month inspiration

Welcome! It is time for a bit of mid-month inspiration at Stamping Sensations. I have made another card using the incredible Jessie Wilcox images from Nicecrane. I love them because they are such delightful images of children reading and take me back to my childhood. I had an Andy Pandy fancy dress outfit very much like the one this child is wearing (but blue and white)!

Mrs A said my last card using these gorgeous images reminded her of Milly-Molly-Mandy, which took me right back! I read them all! Does this one remind you of anyone or a book character? I used the delicate vine stamp to add some interest to the backing paper and used scraps of various papers to matte and layer.
Over the next few months our lovely DT are going to feature some of their favourite cards and projects on the challenge blog that they have made over the years. This month it is my turn, so here it is.

Back in August I created this card after seeing some amazing sunsets whilst on holiday in Wales.(See my post here)  Meg persuaded me to make a tutorial for it on youtube, which she filmed and edited for me, and you can find it here.
There is still plenty of time to get your entries in for this months challenge. We are really enjoying seeing your superb cards featuring ribbons, buttons and bows. Thanks for looking and for all your lovely comments

12 comments:

Nicecrane Designs said...

Soooo cute,, so cuteee,,,, J. Willcox is one of my favo illustrator,,and wahta cute card,,,Sally,,,love the button,,,,and your back,,, very well done,,,my friend,

Dora said...

cute card! so nice picture have you used.
the second is so beautiful done.
especially the mirror effect in the water. colours are great!!!

Mau xx said...

What a wonderful card to remind us of Childhood :o)) It so reminds me of my children sat reading as they loved their books. I am a huge book fan so they were always encouraged to read and loved it.
Love your card of choice too, Inking and sentiment are both wonderful!
Hugs Mau xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fab card, fab image, love the button and papers

Paula (PEP) said...

I like the way you matched that button once again with the chair fabric. The vine stamp on the striped backing paper gives a super impression of the Regency style too. I'm not surprised that's your favourite …….
Paula (PEP)

Sue said...

I love your childhood card Sally, they really are lovely images. Your inky card is beautiful, I love the reflection of the tree. I'm off to check out your tutorial now xx

brenda said...

Both are great cards Sal, but as you might guess it's the fabulous fusion of colours on the first that jumps out at me and the tree of course.

B x

Mrs A. said...

Silly the things you remember when prompted!! Can remember having a nightdress case which had come as a kit from one of the Women's magazines and it made into an Andy Pandy doll and I insisted on having the pink and white and white candy stripe. I believe there was a choice of yellow, pink green and of course the blue.
Anyways I digress from your card which is lovely and the vine stamp used on the back ground is inspirational.
hugs Mrs A.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh Sal love both cards off to peek at the video, clever you!!!
Oh and re the frangipanis, I bring them in and put them and few leaves in a small crystal basket and its near my nose height in kitchen :D real smellyvision, love Shaz.x

lisa said...

It certainly is a beautiful image, Sally and makes a gorgeous card.
Love your favourite card too, it's one of mine!!!! Those colours are amazing.
Hope you are having a good week.
Hugs Lisax

maria's knutselplezier said...

The first one is so cute!!! I really love it , the second one is just gorgious , great colours and design!!!
Super!!

Greetings
Maria

Cath Wilson said...

Stunning scene!