Sunday 10 September 2017

Distress oxides!

Have you had a play with Distress oxides yet? I have just purchased the second set and I love them! It is so nice to have something so different to experiment with. Here are a few cards I have made with the backgrounds I have made. The first was done with a bit of smooshing and spattering. Stamps are from Hobby Art. I painted with the inks to add a bit of colour and also added a little glitter and pixie powder to highlight the plants. As this one used snippets left over from other cards I'm off (shamefacedly) to Miss Di's snippet playground with it. Hopefully they will remember me and let me in!

The butterfly card was made using blending with a sponge, then splattering with water, left over ink and glimmer mist, adding a touch of gold sparkle. The Butterfly is an inkylicious stamp.
Finally, this was a smooshed background splattered with water, then stamped over with regular Distress inks for the leaves. The border down each side is from Crafty individuals and the rest of the stamps are from Inkylicious. In all cases I stamped the main images with versafine black and for the first two I clear embossed them.
Sorry I have been a bit quiet in blog land. I am back at work and working on a magazine commission as well. I probably should have said no, but it all adds to spending money for Doncaster in October😁😁😁
Thanks for looking and for all your lovely comments. I really do appreciate them all!

9 comments:

Helen said...

I love the Oxides too. Gorgeous cards, love the images on the first one.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Three beautiful cards Sally, I love all of the stamps that you've used too.

Sue xx

Fliss said...

Really gorgeous cards with the oxides Sally which I'm addicted too as well.
So sorry for not visiting for so long, work and family stuff has taken most of my time and blog time is not as much as it was.
Great to see you on Instagram too.
Fliss xx

brenda said...

A lovely collection of creations Sally, like you loving the oxides to the point of being obsessive.

B x

Di said...

LOVE these Sally, especially your snippets entry with the wonderful sparkle added. You used the oxides to fabulous effect as well!

Thank you for joining us in the Snippets Playground! And we never forget our little Playmates no matter how long they stay away :

Hugs

Di xx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous selection of cards Sally, all beautifully designed and coloured, especially love the third one, wonderful background and I love the tree image, Kate x

Jean said...

What gorgeous cards Sally. The inky backgrounds are beautiful and so are the stamps you used.
Jean x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! my goodness, these are Stunning cards, such beautiful colours, love the stamps too.
Faith
x

Megan J said...

Hi Sally, three beautiful creative projects, love the butterfly card so very pretty. A great use for a leftover piece of inky paper. Have a wonderful week... Megan GD Snippets Playground