Sunday 25 February 2018

Rudolf Day for February

Hi there! It is already 25th February and so it is time for another Rudolf day over at Scrappy Mo's. For my Cards  I made a wintry woodland scene using stamps from Inkylicious over an inky background made by smooshing and washing spectrum Noir sparkle pens over some watercolour paper. I added snow with a white Posca pen. My only regret is stamping the sentiment too close to the top edge!
My second wintry scene was created using a Crafter's Companion 3d embossing folder and rubbing over with a bit of Treasure Brass. The sentiment stamp is from Inkylicious.
We have just has a lovely walk in the woods, but it was a bit nippy, and by all accounts it won't be getting warmer for a few days. Lets hope we can all stay warm and cosy and not have to make snowy journeys.
Do pop over to Mo's blog to see the beautiful inspiration and join in the Rudolf fun if you can!

10 comments:

Lynne K said...

Gorgeous cards! Especially like the first one. It could look like that up here later this week if the forecast snow materialises, though I hope it doesn't! Time it was getting warmer now, surely!

Ellibelle said...

Two beautiful Christmas card, love the winter-y scene!

cuilliesocks said...

Two wonderful cards Sally, love the trees and it looks like they are in a snow flurry.
Beautiful embossed scene, love the gilding wax, Kate x

scrappymo! said...

Two beautiful cards, Sally. The metallic paste looks fab over that pretty embossing folder. You have given me a great idea for a scenic EF I own.

The second card is so inky and beautiful. Your trees look so real!

Thanks for taking part in the February Rudolph Days Challenge.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both are wonderful and beautiful Sally.
Faith
x

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very gorgeous!

Linby said...

Gorgeous cards. I have the stamp for the first one but not got around to this technique yet, your sky looks wonderful.

Jenny L said...

Hi Sally,
Happy Rudolf Days.
what wonderful cards and their designs are so brilliantly created as always.
Beautiful scenes and colours.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Two gorgeous cards Sally. I was very tempted to buy the embossing folder that you’ve used on your second card when we were at Doncaster and I wish I had now, it looks great x

Joan said...

Two lovely cards Sally, the background on the first one is stunning. I've only tried one 3D embossing folder and couldn't get a decent impression with it but yours is lovely

Joan