Sunday 11 February 2018

Steve's Birthday Card

I'm flying in 😉 to show you Steve's Birthday card! Made with Hobby Art Stamps, I stamped onto their watercolour card and coloured the scene with a mix of Zig clean colour markers and Distress inks using a waterbrush. I added a bit of sparkle to the head feathers using a clear spectrum noir sparkle pen and added shine to the beak and eyes with a clear gelly roll glaze pen. The base card was stamped using lucky clover distress oxide ink.
Here in Nottingham, Duck is a term of endearment, and Steve loves ducks, so this set of stamps was a must-have!  
Short and sweet from me I'm afraid as I need to get to bed. Looking forward to some crafty time during half term and some time to visit blog land too. Just five more days at work before half term starts.
Thanks for all your lovely comments and I hope you have had a fab weekend x

5 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love this stamp and the gorgeous card that you've made using it Sally.

Sue xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely Brilliant for your "Ducks". Love that image and the background is Super too. I'm sure he will LOVE it.
Faith
x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Sally, I love this fabulous image and your colouring is brilliant, super scene.
Hope Steve has a great birthday and that you get to spend some crafty time in the holiday, Kate x x

Carola Bartz said...

That duck is sweet, and I love the techniques you used. I should try using Distress inks with a waterbrush, it sounds like a great method. I often wet my stamps and then use Distress inks to stamp on cold pressed watercolor paper. I like the effect.

Dora said...

Ooo....what a cute duck. And the way it on the card, so funny feeling. I love this scene.