Sunday 10 June 2018

Lolly Stick Wall Art

After seeing Sandra's (Sandma Cards) wonderful lolly stick wall art as a sample for the last inkylicious show, I decided to have a go myself. I've been posting plenty of them on facebook but realised that I hadn't put any on my blog yet, so there are a few to see.



Here is how I secured the back and how to hang it
Each plaque is made by sticking large lollysticks together using hot glue. I painted them with either black or white acrylic paint then used ink dusters and inks over the paint. With the black one I used oxide inks and colourbox white pigment ink. For the white ones I dusted with distress inks and used watercolour markers, as well as stickles.   For all of them I used inkylicious stamps, ink dusters and stencils. If you want to know more feel free to leave a question and I will get back to you.
It is report writing season so I am spending all my spare time on those. I hope I will be able to see the wood for the trees by the end of the month and get more time in blogland after that.
Thanks for looking and for all your lovely comments xxx

10 comments:

Wies said...

This is wonderful Sally. I specialy like the ones with a white background and maritime scene.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Thanks for the mention Sally. They are all absolutely beautiful and you’ve inspired me to make more of them when I get some free time. . Good luck with your reports. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

crafty-stamper said...

These are brilliant and thank you for the inspiration-I got as far as buying a huge pack then--blank--really love the second one
Carol x

Helen said...

what a great idea, and I love the results. Now I want to go to the seaside!!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

These are fabulous Sally, I especially like the night time plaque.

Sue xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! my goodness these are FABULOUS. Great artwork and ideas Sally.
Faith
x

cuilliesocks said...

I love your lollipop stick art, the scenes are fabulous, super inking and colouring. Good luck with all the report writing, Kate x

Mrs A. said...

These are just stunning. What fabulous little scenes you have created. Love them all. Hugs Mrs A.

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely stunning, all of them, now I am following you so I don't miss on any of your gorgeous work. I saw your link over at Kate's blog,https://cuilliesocks.blogspot.com/ .. May even try this as well...
[aussie aNNie blog] ♥ ♥

MaryH said...

Just saw a comment & your link, at Culliesocks, so easy to zip over to see your popsickle art. This is just such a clever use of those sticks and what wonderful little seascape vignettes you've created in each use. The trimmings of the seashells is really so pretty on that piece, and I love the different shades of color you've chosen for each piece. Well done! TFS & Hugs