Saturday 19 January 2019

Make it Masculine

There is a new challenge over at Allsorts where the Theme is Make it Masculine. It seemed the perfect opportunity to share some makes using new stamps with you. I have been busy making Steve's Birthday card and then I made a second using the same stamps...not sure which to give to him now!
 For both I used Inkylicious stamps - Celestial moons and planets and Reflections Alaskan Pines. I also used watercolour paper and Koh-I-Noor watercolour paints. This first one was a bit of a mistake. It was looking beautiful until I stamped the trees in Versafine clair and then put it through the guillotine before it was dry... More planets were needed to cover the fingerprints and smudges! The second went a little more smoothly!
Here is a close up of the base card - I stamped the planets in Versamark and dusted with a variety of cosmic shimmer powders.
I am also entering it at The Male Room, where the theme is Anything Goes with an optional twist of Beverages (Thanks Faith!) Thanks for looking and for all your lovely comments.

13 comments:

Wendy L said...

Super card and great layout/ design, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I think BOTH are fabulous Sally, I'm sure he wouldn't notice the little slip up?
How about joining in at The Male Room https://themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.com/ too?
Faith
x

Ellibelle said...

What a perfect masculine card you created, loving these stamps and fabulous design!
Thank you so much for joining us this week at Allsorts' Make it Masculine challenge! Hope you join in again soon!
Ellie

Helen said...

fab cards! we all do it, don't we!

Joan said...

Fab cards Sally. I always forget versafine doesn't dry immediately too!

Joan x

Viv said...

This is a terrific man card Sally!

Linby said...

Isn't it often the way with not waiting long enough! I'm the worst but trying to get better lol! But I think they both look fab - I prefer the second one just because the scene is a little more ethereal.
thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.
Lynn x
DT

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Fabulous masculine cards Sally x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Beaut cards, Sal, so agree re which to chose, but think the second is better myself, wouldn’t have thought of that design but looks great.
Nice use of new stash!
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
{Wonderful Words Of Life - Shaz in Oz}

brenda said...

A great card for our 'Make it Masculine' theme at Allsorts challenge Sal, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Kathleen said...

My favourite is the first one and I can not see any mistake, a really super pair of male cards.
Thank you for joining our 'Masculine' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

Wei said...

Fabulous cards, especially the first one! Thanks for playing along with us at The Male Room. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

Monika Skinner said...

Great masculine card. I especially like the planet background and the reflection of the pines. Thanks so much for playing along at The Male Room craft challenge. Good Luck!