Monday 27 January 2020

January Rudolf Days and a digi from Dora

 Here we are galloping at speed towards the end of January and I almost forgot Rudolf Days! I have two cards that I made earlier that are ready in my box for Christmas 2020 though. The first is a very simple one using a Crafty Individuals image from one of their minature collections called Merry Christmas. I stencilled the background using a Dreamee's snowflake stencil. This literally took less than 3 minutes, lol. My sister-in-law asked for some Christmas cards that were 'simple' and easy for me to make for next year, so this will be for her to look at next time we meet up.
 My next card was stamped with Hobby Art stamps and coloured with arteza brush pens. Don't you love their expressions?
A huge thanks to Maureen for running Rudolf Days again. Hopefully I will be more organised next month. Do pop over to Maureen's blog for some Christmas Inspiration.

Whilst I'm here I will share with you a DT card featuring one of Dora's gorgeous digi stamps. I don't know about you but our snowdrops are on the verge of coming out and we saw some in full bloom the other day. It does seem a little bit early to me, but they are a perfect image for a winter birthday. You can find Dora's digis  and some more beautiful work from the DT on her blog here.
 Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Pat said...

I love this sweet Christmas tree image on the stencilled snowflake background Sally,and the Hobby Art dogs are so cute and your colouring is beautiful and I always think tartan looks great at Christmas and then of course the fun paw prints too. x

Helen said...

Love that little tree, and the dogs are so cute!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two fantastic card Sally, the first may have been very quick and easy to make but it is very striking.

Sue xx

Mrs A. said...

Your first card looks lovely. Simple to make maybe but the result is one great card. I spotted some snow drops about to bloom in the front garden this week. We have a stately home near by that opens it's gardens every yr just in February to go and see the naturalised snowdrops under the trees. It really is spectacular and just looks like a carpet of snow. Hugs Mrs A.

Robyn Oliver said...

Three fabulous cards Sally, quick and easy is good - lovely use of the stencil for the background for the mini stamps and yes I'm loving your dogs expressions - cool card, Robyn

Dora said...

Three beautiful cards, Sally. Beautiful style.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW WOW WOW each card is so fabulous for different reasons, they just so gorgeous and fabulous Sally.
Faith x

scrappymo! said...

My snowdrops are just peeking green up through the soil! IT has been a long rainy winter and it is still raining as DH just called down to me!

I enjoyed your snowdrops on your pretty card though. They are my favourite flower. I don't know if dyou remember when I lived in the house with the huge perennial garden. I had hundreds of snowdrops there. sadly as we moved mid January to this house the ground was too frozen to dig them up. I have bought new bulbs but only have about twenty now!

Your Rudolph entry is lovely! The first has such a lovely background and the second one I am head over heels with it. Those dogs are adorable and their faces so haughty! Like they know a Christmas secret that we don't!!!

Thanks for taking part in the January Rudolph Days Challenge.