Sunday 2 February 2020

February Challenge at Stamping Sensations

Good morning, It's time for a new challenge at Stamping Sensations and this month we are looking for
****Feminine****
As the title suggest we would love to see your stamped creations that reflect the theme. I am sure you will come up with lots of fabulous designs.
My first card this month features gorgeous stamps and stencils from our lovely sponsors,  Bee Crafty. I stamped the gorgeous flower from the XL ladybird set and masked it off, then sponged wilted violet, peacock feathers and blueprint sketch distress oxide for the background. I placed the mandala 4 stencil over the right corner and sprayed with water, blotting after a few seconds. I then did this again over the flower image. I took off the mask and coloured the image with arteza brush markers, but felt it needed more dimension, so I stamped the flower twice again, added a leaf and coloured them, cutting and layering with 3d glue gel. 
I stamped the sentiment in versamark and embossed with white embossing powder, then stuck to the card.
 My second card this month fatures a gorgeous Digi from JMC designs, who are providing us with an additional prize to our main sponsors. This is Cosmo Polly, although I may have forgotten to add the cranberry juice, lol. I really don't know anything about cocktails. A G&T is the most exotic thing on my radar!
 Please can I remind you we are a stamping challenge so must see a stamped image which reflects the theme as the focal element of your artwork , this means:
Stamping must be the central point of attention and interest

Our prizes this month are A £25 voucher to spend at Bee Crafty and a whole collection of JMC digis! Do pop over to the challenge blog and take a look at the fabulous creations from my talented team mates!
Just a quick mention whilst I am here to let you know that my first DT cards for Crafty Individuals will be on Hochanda on Tuesday at 10am and 4 pm. There are some stunning stamps to feast your eyes on! Thanks for looking! 

10 comments:

Marlies said...

beautiful bright and cheerful cards Sally.

Pat said...

Wow Sally, your flower is so bright and beautiful and love the background too, and a prettily coloured lady too. I know nothing about cocktails either, but ditto G & T...an occasional one before dinner. x

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards Sally. Your floral card has some beautiful bright colours and it's a lovely floral image.
Love your second card, beautiful image and colours, Kate x

Viv said...

Fab background for that wonderful flower Sally!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the shape of the flower and your background is just wonderful. Love your Polly card too, so Springlike and such a pretty image.
Faith x

Kathleen said...

Fantastic background and a really great modern flower image and love the black and white sentiments.

The JMC image looks really great in your choice of colours and love the lovely background papers in the same colourways. I think yellow shades are not used enough in card making.

Kath x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two stunning cards Sally, I love the top one and the lovely bright colours you've used.

Sue xx

brenda said...

A belated generic hello to thank you for making another lovely card for our February theme.

B x

Anke said...

Wonderful cards, Sally. I love the flower card with the bright colours.

Hugs
Anke

pinky said...

Beautiful cards Sally. Loving that splash of colour in the first and the great quote! Yellow one is perfectly cheerful!!