Thursday 8 October 2020

Inspired by Sunsets


 Our lovely friend Lynne has taken some stunning photos of sunsets recently. Several of them feature a very beautiful old Beech tree, which Deby at Inkylicious made into a stamp a few years ago. This prompted talk of ink colours and bending brushes, followed by Lynne challenging us to recreate the scene. We had a choice of photos, but this was the one that I chose, and here is my card:

Nowhere near as beautiful as the real thing, but I'm happy. The base card was stamped with Crafty Individuals stamps in dried marigold and versafine black. The sky behind the tree was done with Distress inks and ink dusters, using mustard seed, fossilized amber, spiced marmalade, ripe persimmon, rusty hinge and fired brick. I stamped the tree in Archival black and extended the ground and fence to fill the width of the card with a black pen.

Please do take a look at everyone's beautiful art work, inspired by Lynne's gorgeous photos.

I am sure Lynne, Sandma, Viv and Joan would love to have you visit them. These lovely friends are so wonderfully supportive and their creations on their blogs and on facebook are a real feast to the eyes. 

Whilst I am here, I've got a quick reminder for you that Jean Hardy is on Hochanda tomorrow with some stunningly beautiful new stamps designed by Sandma. The programmes are at on10am and 2pm, straight after the lovely Lesley Wharton of Chocolate Baroque (9am and 1pm) I will leave you with a sneaky peek at one of the cards I made for the show 😁

Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I love your card Sally! I like how you've captured the colours, especially the yellows. I still love this stamp as much as I did when I first bought it. Lucky Lynne having a view like that. Thank you also for your sneaky peek. I'm so excited to see all of the finished samples x

Viv said...

Fabulous card Sal. Beautuful colouring and loving the background too! Great take on our little buddy challenge! X

Joan said...

Beautiful card Sally, love that tree and gorgeous colours

Mrs A. said...

What a beauty . I really wouldn’t know where to start apart from already having the stamp that is. Must try and remember to watch the shows. Not as if I am going anywhere or up to my eyes in work! Hugs Mrs A.

Lynne K said...

Your card is amazing, Sally! It could almost be the photo! I love it. Thank you for rising so magnificently to my challenge!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AMAZING result Sally, such gorgeous colouring and the tree is fabulous also, AND as beautiful as the real thing.
Faith x

Pat said...

Wow Sally, what a stunning card reproducing the look of Lynne's wonderful photo. The colours are gorgeous, and with the soft peachy tones in the background using the baroque script, and the lovely sentiment to finish...perfection! x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Stunning Sally, a fantastic take on the photo,

Sue xx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely stunning card Sally, your colours are gorgeous, Kate x

HilaryJane said...

You did that photo proud, this is gorgeous xx