Monday 28 June 2021

A quick sunflower card

 


Hi there! I have been busy making samples for the Bee crafty show on the Craft Store tomorrow (Tuesday 29th at 1pm) so my step by step today is a very quick one! 

I used 

a 6x6" white card blank

Big ones inkable - eclipse trellis

distress inks in Twisted Citron, mustard seed and Spiced marmalade

Regular Doodle Art sunflower stamps

Versafine/ versafine clair black ink

Ecoline brush pens

a small piece of watercolour paper

adhesive - I used Matte Medium

Everyday sentiments 1 regular

liquid pearls 

I began by attaching the inkable to the card with stencil tape. The folded edge is left without the inkable covering it. I applied the distress inks with blending brushes. By turning the card around I am less likely to put fingerprints on the white bit!

Next I removed the inkable, stamped the sunflower directly onto the card and coloured the leaves with the light green and chartreuse ecoline pens.

I also stamped the small border stamp from the Sunflower set at the two outer corners.
I set the base card aside and stamped the head of the sunflower onto watercolour card.

Then I used a selection of ecolines to colour the flower. 

I cut out the flower and stuck it onto the base card using matte medium.


I added a sentiment using black ink then used liquid pearls to add a little interest to the corners.
Here is the finished card again. 
Don't forget to tune in to the Craft Store at 1pm to see Bev demonstrating with the fabulous new Journaling Girl stamps tomorrow.
Here is a sneaky peek! 
Thanks for looking! 

6 comments:

meg said...

The trellis background colours are beautiful, love the sunflower stamp

Pat said...

That sunflower is beautiful and love the dimension with the flower head add over the top, and a very pretty stencilled background in coordinating colours Sally, and the corners with the dots of liquid pearls and sentiment finish it brilliantly. A great sneaky peek of the new Journaling Girl stamps too..such super colours and design. x

Joan said...

Lovely stencilled background for your favourite flower Sally


Joan x

cuilliesocks said...

What a gorgeous card Sally, lovely design and colours, Kate x

Viv said...

Great makes Sal.
Loving the words stamp set - added to the toilet roll wish list! x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I'm not sure how I've missed all these posts but I'm really enjoying catching up. I love your blended stencilling x