Monday 7 June 2021

Playing with my Gloss Sprays and those beautiful face stamps

 


Last week I treated myself to some more Dina Wakely Gloss sprays and decided to have a play with them for my blog post this week. 

Here is what I used to make my card:

15cm square card blank

14cm square of mixed media card

Dina Wakely gloss sprays in Heather, Mineral, Lime and Eggplant

Faces - Whatever Works stamp set

Inkable Easy frame circle

Inkable big one - Bakewell

Small Words stamp set

Archival ink in Cobalt and Majestic Violet

blending brush

Versamark ink 

White embossing powder

Dark blue scrap of card

First I sprayed the mixed media card with the 3 paler gloss sprays and left to dry.

Next I stamped the face onto the sprayed card with the blue Archival ink. Make sure you use a juicy inkpad for this and don't leave it on the sprayed surface for too long or it will stick. I also stamped the other eye, lining up the eyebrows.

Once the ink was dry I placed the Bakewell inkable and inny circle mask over the face before spraying with the Egg plant gloss spray. I put the Bakewell on the right hand side, leaving an area on the left of the sprayed card not stencilled.

After removing the stencil/masks and putting them into a bowl of water, I used the tubes from the bottles to splatter the colours across the sprayed card.

I used the same part of the bottle to draw some solid lines of the spray where the edge of the big one stopped.
once this was dry I placed the circle back over the face and used a blending brush to add a little extra shading in the purple archival ink around the edge of the circle and the edge of the card panel.
finally I mounted it onto a blank white card and added a sentiment (white embossed onto a scrap of navy blue card)
I can see I am going to have so much fun with the sprays as well as the stamps! 
Thanks for looking! 


6 comments:

meg said...

A stunning mixed media project,love the background colours

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

An amazing piece of ART Sally, I love it.
Faith x

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sally, the face image is beautiful, and your colours are so pretty, beautifully designed card, Kate x

Jules said...

Hi Sally

Those sprays look great .. .. lovely colours .. .. and great stencil work too.

Love the finished look.

Thanks for the step by step pictures. Really good to see how things come together.

Hope all is well with you.

Love Jules xx

Pat said...

Some really bright and pretty background colours with the added stencilling Sally and love the spotlight effect with the face within. A gorgeous card! x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is such a beautiful card Sally and it looks like you had great fun making it too.

Sue xx