Monday 13 September 2021

Do-you-think-he-saurus?

Hi There! I am here with a step by step for this T-Rex card today. With several dinosaur fans in the family I had to get this stamp set!  
I began by smooshing a background of Crackling Campfire, Peeled Paint and Rustic Wilderness Distress oxide inks on to mixed media paper. I made sure this is completely dry before stamping on it.

Next I used rustic Wilderness and Vintage photo Distress oxide inks to stamp the smaller worker stamps over the smooshed background. 
I cut two tags from watercolour paper using the middle sized die from the tags and banners die set. I stamped the text stamp onto the tag with Vintage photo distress oxide and sponged a little around the edge of the tag too. 
I used Versamark ink to stamp the smaller dinosaur skull on to a scrap of gold card and embossed with fine detail white embossing powder. 
After cutting out the skull, I stamped the remaining tag with the leaf stamp in Tea Dye distress ink.
Next I assembled the card, sticking the background to an A5 white blank card. I added some string to the tags and attached them to the front of the card with 3d glue. I used the same glue to add the skull to the 2nd tag. It would be easy to personalise it by adding a name to the second tag too.
Here is another look at the finished card, along with links to the products in the Bee Crafty store:
A5 card blank
A small snippet of gold coloured card or kraft card
Versamark ink 
3d glue

For those of you that saw my post about Karate grading a few weeks back, I have now received my belt. In our club, once you reach the Dan grades you do not have a new belt again, so each one is created for each individual student. One end is embroidered with the name of our club in Japanese...
The other end has my name translated into Japanese...
It is going to take a while, and plenty of tying, for it to soften up and hang well, but I love it. Here is the certificate that I received on the day.

Thanks for looking and Happy Crafting! 

10 comments:

meg said...

Your card is any dinosaur fan's dream Sally,the background colours and stamps are a fantastic backdrop for the tags

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A super card and tutorial Sally. Both of my grandson’s would adore this card! I really like the earthy co,ours that you’ve used and I really must invest in more Oxides at some point x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Ooops, forget to say that your belt is beautiful x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love this gorgeous card Sally, my eldest Grandson would love it. I might just have to invest in this set of stamps. Congratulations on receiving your new belt.

Sue xx

Viv said...

Brill dino card Sal!
(Belt is awesome!) x

cuilliesocks said...

A fabulous card Sally, I love the colours and your stamping, thanks for the tutorial.
Your belt looks so beautiful and so personalised, Kate x

Mac Mable said...

I always enjoy reading how you make your fabulous creations Sally. What a marvellous mixed media card, love the dinosaurs and the colour combination looks great. Yes the second tag could easily be personalised x.
Many congratulations on reaching your Dan grade Sally and what an amazing achievement and WOW to the amazing personalised belt too x.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely wonderful Sally, I love the colour mix and stamps perfect for a dinosaur lover. Congratulations on your Dan, Sally, a great achievement and how incredible to have your belt personalised so beautifully. It's a treasure for you I'm sure.
Faith x

Pat said...

Brilliantly done Sally and perfect for any dinosaur fan with lots of very clever touches. Thank you for showing us how you put it all together. What a wonderful belt you have, specially made just for you, something to wear and treasure too. x

Jules said...

Hi Sally

A fabulous card with great colour choices!

Love how you show all the stages you have gone through to achieve the finished look.

Many congratulations on receiving that super special belt! It looks amazing!
Well done!

Love Jules xx