Monday 27 September 2021

Dragonfly dreams journal spread

Hi there! I've been enjoying myself in my journal again. I thought I would show you how this page came about. 
I started off by tearing some strips of tissue from my soak up sheets that I put in place when I use sprays on things. These have been sprayed with distress oxide and gloss sprays.
I then stuck some of the strips into my Dylusions journal with matte medium and left to dry
Next I sprayed a little distress oxide ink in the white spaces and again left to dry
I added some stencilling using the circle dinkables and blending brushes. There was enough residual ink on my brushes without reinking them.

I stamped the ledger stamp in Peacock Feathers distress oxide ink randomly around the page.
I stamped the smaller coffee rings in frayed burlap distress oxide ink then left it to dry.
I used memento Espresso Truffle ink to stamp the Elder flowers and the numbers from the coffee stains set.  

Next I stamped the dragonfly onto a scrap of watercolour paper in versafine clair ink.
I coloured it using ecoline pens, the wings using pastel blue, rose, violet and yellow, then I coloured the body with a turquoise green. I cut out the dragonfly, cutting off legs and antennae.
I used the memento ink to stamp the dragonfly direct to the journal page where I wanted it to go and left it to dry.
Finally, I used matte medium to adhere the dragonfly and the sentiment (from the dina wakely collage papers) into place.
Here is another look at the finished page.
 
I used:
Tissue paper
Thanks for looking and Happy Crafting! 

6 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful explosion of colours,textures and layers and wonderful stamped images

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Fab journal pages Sally. I can imagine that your journals are getting pretty full now with all the lovely pages that you've made x

R's Rue said...

So pretty. I love it.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

cuilliesocks said...

What beautiful pages Sally, gorgeous inking and colours and the dragonfly images is so pretty, Kate x

Mac Mable said...

I love how you used the tissue from your soak up sheets. Such a creative project and love the colours, the dragonfly and that fabulous sentiment Sally x.

Sarn said...

WOW - that's a great journal page (or two!). So vibrant.
Hugs, Sarn xxx