Monday 4 October 2021

Botanical butterfly

Hi there! Well, I don't know what it is like where you are but there is definitely a nip to the air here and the leaves are beginning to turn a little. I've got an easy butterfly card in Autumn colours for you this week, as the theme for the Bee Crafty facebook group challenge is Autumn colours.

I began using the mask from the large butterfly stencil and used a brush to blend a little brown ink around it. 
I began stamping using a variety of autumn shades of ink in the centre space. I tried not to make it overcrowded and where possible I used the same stamps on each side
I used ecoline pens to add a little subtle colour to the stamping. 
In the spaces where the stamping was a bit sparse I added drops of liquid pearls. 
Finally I added a sentiment and a little brown ink around the edge of the card
Here is the finished card.
I also made a couple more using the same stamps and colours, just different easy frames



I used 
 6x6" ivory cards
Inks in a variety of Autumn colours (I used memento, but you could use any inks really)
 Easy frame inkables
Liquid pearls in buttercup, brass and platinum pearl

Thanks for looking! 

8 comments:

meg said...

Your cards are absolutely amazing,the way you used the foliage stamps within the beautiful frames fantastic, especially love the autumnal colours

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Such beautiful cards Sally and the butterfly is my favourite. Such lovely colours and the layout of your card is great x

Sarn said...

WOW -that's soooo pretty Sally. Love it.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such beautiful cards Sally, I thought the butterfly had been cut out to start with.

Sue xx

cuilliesocks said...

Such beautiful cards Sally, I love the Autumnal theme, beautifully designed and coloured, Kate x

Pat said...

Three beautiful stencilled shapes which you have filled so beautifully with lot of the pretty foliage and berries..just perfect for this time of year Sally. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Sally, these are amazing and very beautiful.
Faith x

Mac Mable said...

Ohhh this is such a pretty idea and both are so eye catching. Both are unique and creative and absolutely beautiful Sally x.