Saturday 26 November 2022

A snowy bauble

 

Hi there! I thought I would show you today how I decorated this MDF bauble.

I began by painting the backpiece with gesso and the rim in gilt acrylic paint.

Whilst this dried I stamped sky terrace onto some shrink plastic and coloured it. On the frosted shrink plastic I thought by colouring it on the back with alcohol markers, it would show through, but it didn't once shrunk. I use stazon very rarely, but I find it is the least likely to smudge on shrink plastic

I shrunk it with my heat gun and added a bit of colour with coloured pencils
Next I used the horizon 2 skyline inkable to add some snowy hills with salty ocean distress oxide
I added glitter glue to the tops of the hills and some snow
I used gel medium to attach the house, the frame and some super chunky glittery snow stuff I found in my stash (no idea where it came from, sorry!) I think the stickles glitter gel might work well for this too.
finally I added some white pen around the frame
Here is another look at it. 
I used:
Stazon ink
Coloured pencils
glitter glue
Chunky glitter/ fake snow 

If you haven't entered the Bee Crafty Facebook group Challenge yet, we are looking for creations on MDF this month, and you have until Wednesday night to get them done. hope this has given you a bit of inspiration! 
Thanks for looking! 


3 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Love your bauble Sally, it's gorgeous, a lovely design, thanks for the how to photos, Kate x

Pat said...

How prettily decorated this MDF bauble is Sally, and love the colours and the dimension from the added snowy stuff looks great. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! That is gorgeous Sally.
Faith x