Saturday 3 December 2022

Keeping it simple

Hi there! 
I am trying to get as many Christmas cards made as possible over the next few days now postage dates have changed. Here's a step by step for a quick clean and simple card.
 
I began by taping the 6x6 octagon easy frame to the front of a 6x6 white card and blended tea dye and vintage photo distress ink into it.

Once this was dry I gave it a quick wipe with an anti static cloth then stamped the script stamp in versamark with the easy frame inkable still in place. I removed the inkable, sprinkled with embossing powder and heat set.
There was a small area bottom left where the embossing ink hadn't reached, so I stamped the Holly stamp from the robin set and coloured using ecolines and a damp paintbrush. 
Next I stamped the Merry Christmas stamp (from the wreath set) in Versamark in the centre of the card. I sprinkled over rustic wilderness embossing glaze and heat set it. I also added glossy accents to the berries on the Holly.
Here's a close up. As you can see the gold is still visible through the embossing glaze. 
I sponged a little vintage photo distress ink around the edges to finish it off. 
I used: 
Versamark ink
Before I go, I did a live on Wednesday over on the Bee Crafty Facebook page and made 3 baubles using the MDF baubles and a variety of stamps. I used red green and gold, which is the new theme for the challenge over in the Bee Crafty stamps group. Here are the baubles 
Thanks for looking! 

4 comments:

Viv said...

Once again Sal, these makes are lovely! x

Pat said...

The octagonal masked and inked shape looks fabulous with the script Sally, and love the added sentiment and holly and berries, and the little bit of inking round the edge looks great. The MDF baubles are beautiful too. x

cuilliesocks said...

Lovely cards Sally, I love the simple design and colours. Your baubles are gorgeous, such lovely designs too, Kate x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning work as always Sally.
Faith x