Tuesday 18 August 2009

Getting inky

I've been having a play with backgrounds. This first one uses Adirondack colour wash sprays in stream and lettuce sprayed onto a craft mat and diluted with lots of water. The stamps are from Crafty Individuals. I stamped on the base card with veramark and brushed Blonde Moments pigment powders over the top.
This second one was inspired by Brenda. I swiped Distress inks in Dusty Concord, Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade across my craft mat and sprayed with water. Then I laid my cardstock on top. The stamps on this one are Elusive Images(Graphicus) Wild Meadow themeplate. The skeleton oak leaf and bumble bee sticker were in my stash - puchases from Lakeland some time ago.

8 comments:

brenda said...

Hi Sally

Absolutely beautiful, stunning colours and stamping.

Thanks for the mention, it is one of my favourite techniques and always goes down well at classes and the great thing is every single one looks different.

B xx

brenda said...

Me again Sally

Meant to ask, did you highlight the edges with a white pen ? There is a lovely shadow effect along some of the stems.

B xx

brenda said...

Me yet again, went up to comment on the green one and realised it's all part of the same post.

Of course I love that one as well and so pleased you are having lots of messy fun.

B x

Sally H said...

Thanks, Brenda! Yes I did use a white gel pen to highlight. Glad you like them x

craftimamma said...

These two cards are gorgeous Sally. I think the 2nd one just makes it as my favourite but only because I love the mauve tones so much.

Great work!

Lesley Xx

Lynne K said...

Wow! Both absolutely gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

oh these are both stunning....you have a real knack doing backgrounds.

Megan said...

Love how you've used the stamps and the colours!!!!!!