Sunday 24 January 2010

Dad's birthday

After the four seasons card/ book I made for my dad's eightieth Birthday last year I wasn't sure what to do this year. Then Lynne K posted her entry for Allsorts, and, knowing we were going to meet up this weekend I asked her if I could borrow her design and her stamps! Lovely lady that she is she said yes, so here is the finished article. I used adirondack inks and Versafine on stampboard. Stamps are from stampscapes, Crafty Individuals, Clarity stamps and craftwork cards. Thanks Lynne. I know he will love it!
I'm off to prepare neeps and tatties to go with our Haggis - a day early, but we are celebrating Burn's Night tonight with some friends.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a perfect card for a dad. i know my dad would love that. fab work my friend
hugs June xxxx

lisa said...

Stunning, Sally. You and Lynne have me wanting to get my stampbord out again, I love these scenes you've been creating. The blues are lovely and serene, your Dad is sure to love this. I hope he has a very Happy Birthday.
Enjoy your celebrations.

Lisax

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Sally. That is beautiful. Very effective. I love it. So special.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

brenda said...

Stunning work Sally, he certainly will love it and knowing you made is especially for him all the more so.

Has a smile when you mentioned Burns Night. We took my Dad to a local Burns Night celebration a couple of years ago, we thought he might not fancy the haggis, but that was fine, he was just very confused about the chap playing bagpies and reading poetry and in a rather too loud voice "what the devils he talking about" :) :)

B x

Lynne K said...

Gorgeous, Sally, and I much prefer the blues to the brown and pink! Your dad will love it.

craftimamma said...

You've set me off wanting to use my Stampbord too. I always think it goes well on men's cards and you've reminded me I have 3 coming up soon.

This card is lovely Sally - lucky Dad!

Lesley Xx

Lesley said...

Lovely card Sally, I love the images and the layout xx

Lesley Edmonds said...

Sally this is really special and I'm sure your Dad will treasure it!
Stunning!
Lesley x

Milena said...

I love the tranquility present in this card; beautiful :)

Michelle said...

Sally this is just stunning! beautiful work, perfect colouring, I just love it!
Might have to look for those stamps!
x Michelle

PinksyDoodles said...

Wow, this is stunning! Your Dad will love it.
Clare x