Wednesday 13 March 2013

A quick mid week Birthday Card

You know when you are having one of those weeks where you think someone's birthday is next week and it is this week? Well, this card was a very quick solution!
I used a rather lovely Kanban stamp (So sorry to hear they are closing!) and five colours of memento ink - potter's clay, tangelo, cantaloupe, pear tart and bamboo leaves I ink dusted the background with squeezed lemonade, wild honey and tea dye Distress inks. I added the ribbon and sentiment, and a few blobs of glitter glue and gelly roll sparkly pens.
Thanks for looking!
Whoops, nearly forgot to say a big welcome to my latest followers! Great to have you visiting x

11 comments:

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous,love the stamp...great layout.xxx

Paula Whittaker said...

what a super card.....love that stamp

brenda said...

That's a stunning combination of colours Sal, very appealing to the eye.

B x

Dora said...

beautiful done!
greetings

Canonbury creations said...

Gorgeous stamping and love the combination of colours Sally. They look as if they are growing towards the sun, I wish!
Val x

Paula (PEP) said...

I rather like those strategically placed blobs of glitter glue & the colours of the whole design. I particularly like the way your sentiment panel balances the white space above it. The eye is led beautifully from left to across the top by the tendrils & then drops down to the sentiment. The uncurl regular font of the sentiment contrasts beautifully with the curliness of the swirls too.
Paula (PEP)

Kay Carley said...

I just love this Sally :) I had no idea that Kanban is closing :( What a shame as this is a lovely stamp!!

Love Kay xx

Tracy Harris said...

Love the card looks really effective x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

This is such a pretty card Sally -
the delicate swirly image creates a wonderful floral scene, and I love your choice of colours - makes me think of Spring!

Have a happy weekend - Hugs, Sylvia xx

Anonymous said...

Stunning Sally!! I will try those colours together - thanks for the inspiration!
xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a beautiful card, you say it was quick, certainly doesn't look it.