Thursday 11 April 2013

Exciting news!

It is the school holidays and I haven't posted for days, in fact I have been quiet all fortnight. I will tell you why... as well as visiting Dad regularly and having a couple of days away at Lynne's in Scotland, I am working on some cards for Inkylicious!!!! Deby asked a while ago if I would be interested in making some samples for her when she next had a TV show, and I jumped at the chance! I just know lots of you will love the stamps that I have been playing with, and I can't wait to show you. There are going to be two Create and Craft shows coming up quite soon, so I will let you know the details in the next week or so, as well as giving you some sneaky peaks of the things I have made. I might just keep saying 'My cards are going to be on telly!!!'  - please forgive me, as I am very excited about it!
What I will show you today are some photos of our visit to Scotland.
 We had a lovely walk along the river,


 taking in views of the Moffat Hills. It was bracing, but the fresh air and exercise were just what was needed!
The following day we went to Caerlaverock WWT centre, followed by a visit to Caerlaverock Castle.
 The castle's curtain wall forms a triangle, and there is a substantial mansion within it's walls.

We saw lots of wildlife too - a Peregrine falcon, lots of Buzzards, deer, teal and widgeon, to name but a few. We also saw the footprints and spraint of an otter, but he wasn't going to show himself this visit. A big thanks to Lynne for letting us visit again, and showing us some of the lovely places around her home. 
Hopefully I will be back soon with something crafty to show you. Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Canonbury creations said...

CONGRATULATIONS Sally! Well deserved I look forward to seeing your TV cards:)
Val x

Craftnut said...

Very exciting! Xx

Lisa Jane said...

well doe you! Remind me to watch .. and what fab photos .. love the castle
Lisa x

Paula (PEP) said...

Hearty Congratulaions & no wonder you're excited. The scenery looks wonderful & I'm not suprised it was bracing.
Paula (PEP)

lisa said...

Wey Hey, Sally's going to be on the tele, how fantastic. I'm so excited for you. It's really thrilling seeing your cards, I still love it and jump around like a 4 year old!! I love Inkylicious and you do such beautiful things with their stamps so Deby is lucky to have you. Don't forget to tell us when she is on so that i can press record!!
Gorgeous photos of your stay with Lynne too.
hugs Lisax

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Congratulations Sally - Deby knows she's going to get stunning cards from you! I can't wait to see them!

Great photos - another talent you have!

Hope you're Dad is recovering well.
xx

Dora said...

ooo...what a honour that you may do this! amazing. congratulations!!
your photo's looks very nice, beautiful landscape!
greetings

Carola Bartz said...

How exciting to have your cards on TV!! Congratulations, Sally. I can understand that you are excited, I would be as well.
Beautiful pictures of Scotland - that castle looks pretty unique with its triangle shape.

pinky said...

Congratulations Sally, a perfect addition I would say! Amazing photographs mrs!!

Tracy Harris said...

Scotland looks wonderful x i would like to say congratulations on ur inkylicious news - it was your inkylicious designs that drew me to your blog via google x well done cant wait to see your creations x

craftimamma said...

Congratulations Sally and very well deserved it is too. I was really disappointed this afternoon when I checked my Sky box planner as I had set it to record Deby's show tomorrow and it had disappeared so I knew C&C had changed the schedule for some reason. Glad you mention in a later post that it's now the 28th because otherwise I would have missed it. I do hope that one goes ahead.

Your photos of your time with Lynne are beautiful. What a wonderful place.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Sarn said...

Congrats on your commission.

I LOVE your pictures of Scotland xxx