Sunday 28 April 2013

Today is the day!

 Warning! Picture heavy post!
At 5pm this afternoon I will be sat in front of the TV cheering on Deby as she appears on Create and Craft with some new stamps from Inkylicious. She will be working with the presenter Dawn Bibby.  Today I am going to show you some of the cards I made using the Damask Background and a variety of stamps from the new A4 sentiment stamp sets. I will try and give a bit of info for each card, but if there is anything you want to know just leave a comment and I will get back to you. The first card was made using some paper that I had sprayed with walnut ink and some mica powders; card stamped and dusted with Victorian velvet, tea dye and walnut stain DI and flowers made with spellbinders rose creations and a woodware fern punch.

  I used Broken china and Tea dye DI for this one, and Brass sparkle Wow embossing powder.
 Cranberry Adirondack ink for this one, Die is Marianne designs, punches from ek success and woodware.
 DI in festive berries and peacock feathers on silk art card then over stamped with black archival ink.
 Spun sugar, Victorian velvet and Tea dye distress inks on this one. The roses are a Marianne Die and the leaves are a woodware punch.
 More Adirondack Cranberry...
 I used Versamark, stamped on black card and brushed with mica powders. The panel was dusted with the spring range of Distress inks
 Finally a one layer clean and simple card. The panel was masked off before dusting with dried marigold, spiced marmalade and fired brick distress ink. With the mask still in place I stamped the damask background in versamark and dusted with gold mica powers. Here is a close up so you can see the shimmer.
 The faux stitching is done with distress markers using the fine end.
Well, thanks for looking and for leaving a comment. Hope you enjoy the programme. I will be back with vintage floral samples very soon.

10 comments:

Craftnut said...

Looking good on the show! Tracy xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous cards Sally - I love them all, but my favourite is the red damask "Thanks So Much" card - the curved design and the floral swirls are gorgeous.
I have just been watching the show, and it was very helpful to see the Dusters in action - it looks much easier than applying ink with foam applicators (which I usually do). So, that's another item for my wish-list!!
Hugs, Sylvia xx

lisa said...

Hi Sally.
~What a great show, I thoroughly enjoyed it and spotted your beautiful cards. Deby was great at giving you lots of mentions wasn't she. My favourite has to be the mica damask, that is absolutely gorgeous.
I'm afraid I couldn't resist those lovely sentiment stamps, oh dear, bread and water now this month!!! Hope to see more of your cards on C&c.
Thanks for your good wishes for Mum. She is still in hospital not being so confident on her crutches. She had a fall on thursday which has set her back but to be honest she is quite happy there and I know she is safe. It'll be a bit of a worry when she gets home. They have not used the fetching stockings, Mum had some really clever contraptions that wrapped round both legs and where plugged in and pulsed. I hope your Dad continues with his recovery and can get into his own shoes soon.
Have a good week.
hugs Lisax

Anonymous said...

These are all so beautiful Sally - you did a fabulous job! Loved the show and have definitely got the Dusters on my wish list now!
xx

Tracy Harris said...

Your cards are beautiful Sally - well worth the wait!!!! I love your take on the masked card in the spiced marmalade it is so effective - I have never thought about using my mica powders like that !!! One to try for me now x Well done Sally you have produced some fantastic cards - The show is fantastic, you must be so pleased and you should feel very proud - cant wait to see the next lot xx thank you so much xx

Sue said...

WOW Sally what beautiful cards! I love the 'thanks so much', and the one below with the damask squares, but my favourite has to be your C&S with that lovely mica shimmer. You should be very proud of all of these! xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Congratulations upon a quite tremendous body of work. The favourite for me is definitely the first but the variety of different uses you put that damask stamp to is brilliant. Your third sample is a lovely way of using those die-cuts & really enhances the whole shape of the stamped panel.
Very well done indeed.
Paula (PEP)

Lisa Jane said...

oh i am so sorry i missed the show .. can you believe it .. but these are gorgeous .. i bet you are so proud
Lisa x

MaryH said...

Now don't make me choose a favorite out of all these lovely cards. Each one is so beautiful, and how versatile is that damask stamp? Wowzers. You have a lot of stash cards now, and your recipients are going to adore receiving such a gorgeous card. Hope things are going well with your Dad. With all that you have going on, you still managed to create some masterpieces. TFS & Many Hugs

MagsB said...

Oh wow, these are fabulous! What beautiful, elegant designs, and the colours are just gorgeous!

love Mags B x