Thursday 17 April 2014

Warning! You may put on weight just looking!

When I asked Meg what she wanted to do for her birthday she said 'Karate', so as her birthday falls today we are both going to her regular Thursday class. We aren't going empty handed though...
Meet the Banana Cupcake...
...a light banana sponge topped with cream cheese frosting, dried banana chips and a drizzle of toffee sauce! New for me, next is the Rolo Cupcake...
 ...a chocolate sponge with a secret caramel centre, topped with chocolate and caramel frosting and a rolo! Adapted from this recipe( I left out the chopped rolos from the cake mix and added 25g more flour). Only taking 11 of these with us as we had to test one! Here are the rest though...

Finally we have the 'Death by Chocolate Easter cake' which carries the warning 'Consume at your own risk!'
This cake is being raffled off to raise funds for the Karate Club, and has already raised about £30! Hoping for a few more ticket sales when they see it for real tonight!
I have inhaled rather a lot of icing sugar and all I can smell is chocolate - can sugar get into your blood stream through inhalation?! I hope not!!!
Right, I'd better go and finish cleaning up - enjoy the rest of your day and thanks for looking!

14 comments:

maria's knutselplezier said...

Happy birthday dear Meg !!! and wow this looks delicious , can I come to the Karate club too!?? Only to tast of course ,Karate is not so muc my thing,!!! Injoy your special day!!!!

Greetings
Maria

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Total Yumminess Sally! The Banana one sounds divine! You must be the most popular person at the Karate Club!
Thanks for popping by the other day - it's lovely to hear from you.
Sylvia xx

brenda said...

All yummy and of course totally calorie free.

B x

Anonymous said...

Funny, looks like we were both on a sugar high at the same time! And talking of sugar highs, my god!, whoever wins that cake is going to be on one until Christmas, lol! Happy belated birthday to Meg.

Hugs
Brenda

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Oh my gosh! You are not kidding. I've slipped into a sugar coma just looking at this post. Oh my gosh.

Paula (PEP) said...

Goodness me - what a super spread. It's the rolo cupcakes that tickle my fancy……..
Paula (PEP)

Fliss said...

Wow Sally! These all look amazing and extremely yummy.
Good luck with the fund raising although I'm sure they will all disappear in a flash as they look so gorgeous.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Happy Birthday Meg. Those cakes look so yummy, hope everyone enjoyed them.

Sue xx

Carola Bartz said...

I feel heavier already... So you cannot only make beautiful cards but also whip up these sinful cupcakes and cakes. I take a rolo cupcake anytime!

♥Gemma♥ said...

mmmmmmm those cupcakes look yummy and that chocolate cake does too...

Have a great Easter weekend!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Chris said...

oh oh ohhhhhhh my mouth is watering soooo bad and I'm dieting. Oh what I wouldn't do for one of those yummy cakes right now lol
Happy Easter me lovely xx

Tracy Harris said...

Looks yummy xx happy Birthday Meg xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Bet they were fighting over these LOL. all yummy. Happy Birthday Meg.

Linby said...

Just catching up on your blog and had to comment on these wonderful cakes. I have a Lorraine pascal recipe for a similar big cake to one you have done, this looks fantastic, I've yet to attempt it.
Lynnx