Saturday 19 April 2014

Inkylicious Willow Trees

If you went to Ally Pally and stopped by the Inkylicious stall you may well have seen this gorgeous tree stamp. I love it! It is so delicate and beautiful. I have been playing with it for a few days, and I can see it will be used lots! For my first card I ink dusted the base card in dandelion, lilac posies and tuxedo black Memento ink. I then did the same with a silk art card panel, masking off a moon/sun. I stamped the tree and added spots of quickie glue to all the buds on the branches before sprinkling with irridescent glitter. Here is a close up.
I then stamped delicate vine in black onto the base card to form a sort of frame adding some punched flowers with liquid pearl centres. I think it needs a sentiment top left, but can't decide which one to use yet! All suggestions welcome!

My second card is a one layer card. I masked off a panel that I dusted with Adirondack inks in mountain rose, slate, black and denim, masking a moon. I removed the masks before stamping the tree and added spots of star dust stickles. With this sky I was trying to recreate a sky we had during that smoggy week we had at the beginning of April. I may well try that sky again with a pinker sun next time.
If you need this tree, keep an eye on the Inkylicious Website or look out for Inkylicious at Stamp Magic, Doncaster Dome on 8th June 2014 or Summer Crafting, Doncaster Race course on 12th and 13th July.
Thanks for looking and for all your lovely comments!

13 comments:

craftimamma said...

That is a beautiful stamp Sally and so are your two cards. I love how you stamped over the edge of the masked border on the second card. This could well be added to my list for Donny, lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Karen Petitt said...

Gorgeous creations! Love that stamp and your one layer is stunning - thank you for sharing Karen x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

These two cards are so beautiful Sally. I must have gone along the stamps at Ally Pally with my eyes shut as I don't remember seeing this one. It is going onto my wishlist right now though.

Sue xx

Helen J said...

Beautiful inking on both cards, and that tree stamp's gorgeous. I'd go for a sympathy sentiment on the first card.

Doreen said...

Gorgeous cards,love the tree stamp.xxx

Sarn said...

I know you love your trees Sally - this one is gorgeous. Like you say - delicate.

You've made two stunners here.

Hoppy Easter. xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning as always.

We have a weeping beech in the garden, this reminds me of how beautiful it is.

Tracy Harris said...

Beautiful xx

MaryH said...

You are a wonder with these beautiful background scenes, and this one is no exception. Wish I could have enjoyed Ally Pally, alas, doubtful if it's in my future. Love those dusters..they seem to work so well for you. This is a beautiful stamp, looks to be quite versatile too. The added flowers simply sparkled. TFS, Happy Easter & lots of hugs.

Cath Wilson said...

Such pretty cards, Sally. Lovely x

Lynne K said...

That tree is beautiful, as are your cards. Top of my list for Doncaster, if not before. x

Linby said...

Love what you've done with this tree, especially the one layer card.
Lynn x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Oooh, that tree stamp is lovely. I guess you knew it would be appealing to others as you put directions what to do if we *needed* that tree.

Your cards are fabulous. I love your touch with the ink dusters.