Sunday 13 April 2014

A couple of evening scenes and some photos

I needed a few cards in a hurry at the end of term, so I reached for my snippets of silk art card and made two quick evening scenes with ink dusters and Inkylicious stamps. I used Memento Grape Jelly and Lilac Posies and a water spray. After it was dry I added the stamped images and white gel pen. Here is a close up of the panel.
The second panel was much the same, but this time I put it onto a square card. As these were both made with snippets I will take them to Di's snippet playground. Hope the sun is out!
We have just returned from a few lovely days in Scotland with Lynne. (If you pop over to her blog you will see the gorgeous guest DT card she has made for Mrs A's butterfly challenge.) We had a wonderful time - just what was needed at the end of a long term. Here is a photo taken at Grey Mare's Tail nature reserve.
I don't know why, but I am still surprised at how much taller than me Megan is now! The view from the hillside on the right was wonderful!
I will finish with a photo of a red squirrel taken at Eskrigg Nature reserve near Lockerbie.
 Thanks for looking, and for your lovely comments.

16 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Two wonderful cards today but your photos steal the show. Those vistas are stunning. Such a feel of rugged beauty!!!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Gorgeous cards. You work well adding the touch of white with the gel pen. That's a talent! The scenery is so nice where you were. I could have just sat and stared all day!

Tracy Harris said...

Lovely cards xxx thank u for sharing all your pictures x

Sue - said...

Two beautiful cards. The photo of The Grey Mare's Tail brought back lots of memories. Such a beautiful place. Did you climb to the top?

Sarn said...

ooh - thanks for the trip to Scotland! Looks wonderful.

LOVE your pretty scenic cards.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Gorgeous cards and stunning views. Hope you had a relaxing break.

Sue xx

Phree said...

Beautiful cards, love the soft blend of the ink. You've created a lovely calming mood ideal for a sympathy card. Love the photos too - especially that cute squirrel.

Liz said...

Love the cards. So atmospheric. Thanks for sharing at the Playground

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...


Oh! Sally your card and panel are just fabuliciously lovely.

Wonderful photos, and love the red squirrel.

Thanks for the encouragement comment. XX

Helen J said...

Beautiful cards but I'm afraid they're definitely upstaged by the squirrel!
Helen

Di said...

Two stunning cards Sally, I do so love the soft and gentle scenes you create.

Great photo of you and Megan, she's turning into a real beauty - as I'm sure you already know. And the other photos are fabulous, especially the valley plus of course the adorable red squirrel :)

Hugs

Di xx

Cath Wilson said...

Lovely stamping and wonderful scenery there - could do with a nature break myself!

lisa said...

Lovely photos, Sally. I'm glad you had a good break and such a beautiful card too.
Hugs Lisax

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

wonderful work above and below sally!! and wow, love the red squirrel what a great shot!! inky delights abound.. have been using my dusters more since watching one of your videos too :D
God's blessing this Eastertime, Shaz in Oz.x

Anke said...

Wonderful photos and lovely stamping.

Hugs
Anke

♥Gemma♥ said...

Oh i love these Sally...just beautiful!!

Beautiful photo's too!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma