Tuesday 10 November 2015

A snippet make

It has been a couple of weeks since I last made it to Miss Di's snippet playground. I seem to be generating more snippets than I am using with DT projects at present! I was putting together some samples for a workshop and decided to try making some faux patchwork with my snippets. these are all from the be creative winterland pad, which is 8x8" and I tend to make 6x6" or 5x7" like this one. The blue card is also a snippet. I am not sure of the make of the stamp as it is on loan and it is cling mounted. It belonged to the lovely Robert from Once upon a Stamp. I feel very honoured to be using it. I coloured it with be Creative alcohol based markers.
I hope everyone enjoyed the playground bonfire party, and are now recovered ;) I'd really love it if there is bonfire toffee left in the treehouse.
Before I go, if there is anyone who is in reach of junction 29 of the M1 and can make it to the Be Creative warehouse on 21st November, I am holding a Christmas colouring workshop 10.30-12.30. It will be a very relaxing session of colouring and creative fun! More details can be found on the Be creative facebook page about price and booking.
Here is a little taster of some of my sample cards
Hoping to encourage some more snippet usage!
I will leave you with a picture of my lovely Grandad. He volunteered for WWII and made it back from Dunkirk after sleeping in a hen house for 3 nights! He carried one of his comrades a couple of miles to the boats too. I like to remember him at this time of year, as much for the lovely wild fruit picking walks we shared as for his heroism.
  Thanks for looking!


15 comments:

Mrs A. said...

I saw poinsettias in blue on another blog just recently and thought how pretty it looked. I like how you have combined with the patchwork background. Hugs Mrs A.

Jackie said...

A gorgeous card Sally, love your patchwork!
A lovely photograph of your Grandad :o)
Jackie xx

Sarn said...

Love your snippet make Sally.

Your workshop cards look fab too . . . bet you're sold out shortly.

There might be a few stale marshmallows left in the treehouse, but that's about it!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Wonderful card Sally - looks stunning in the blue! I do so wish I lived closer - would be there like a shot!

And a lovely photo of your Grandad too - happy memories for you.

Hugs

Di xx

Jean said...

A lovely blue poinsettia Sally, and I like your snippety patchwork background.
Jean x

Viv said...

I am down in Warwckshire on 29th ---- otherwise it would have been nice for a trip up the M62 for a bit of 'me' time Sall!
This is a great card - I really like the colours! x

Darnell said...

Thanks for sharing the photo of your handsome Grandad, Sally. We owe them so much! Your cards are truly inspiring!! I do especially love how you've colored your poinsettia!! Hugs, Darnell

Helen J said...

Lovely card, but I particularly love the story about and photo of your Grandad, very appropriate for this time of year.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Love the fabulous sample cards Sally -the Poinsettia looks amazing in blue.
The photo of your Granddad, and the story of his heroism, is wonderful.
Have a brilliant day on the 21st (wish I lived a bit nearer)!
Sylvia xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Hi Sally, I love the sample cards that you've produced for the workshop. The funky Poinsettia stamp is coloured beautifully and I think that blue and brown are always a great colour combination. I also really like the faux patchwork background, it's a really good way of using small, left over pieces of paper. The wreath that you've coloured is stunning and the red berries really stand out against the greens. You've created a wonderful selection of Christmas cards. Enjoy your weekend x

Canonbury creations said...

Wow Sally love your blue poinsettia and your sample cards are gorgeous! Good luck with your workshop, wish you were closer :0)
Val x

Aquarius said...

Thanks for your lovely comment - my card has been added to the challenge you mentioned. just love the blue poinsettia. Snippets BREED I'm convinced!!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Sally, beautiful card - love that flower and the patchwork of papers is lovely. I also love your colouring of the wreath - it's stunning and most eyecatching! Many thanks for popping by and leaving such a nice comment. I have now, of course, added my card to Stamping Sensations' challenge as suggested. I'm sure that I will never bottom my snippets mountain - they do breed :) Elizabeth xx

Cumbrianlass said...

Wow Sally another amazing creation, and the stamped image is beautiful love your colour choices too.
Hugs Janet xxx

SewPaperPaint said...

Fantastic blue! Such a pretty card!