Sunday 8 November 2015

Christmas foliage and some autumn photos


Here is a very quick card I made whilst experimenting! I was wondering if I could use the Be Creative glitter glue through a stencil, and look! It worked. I used a cheap and cheerful card blank, and when I try this again I will use something a bit more substantial! However, I did discover that the glitter glue will stand heat, as I ironed it to get it flat again! The Die is a frantic stamper one, and the border and gems are also from Be Creative. This would be a great card to enter into the challenge at Stamping Sensations this month and win the wonderful prize below! It is such a shame I can't enter! Remember you can enter anything Christmassy with a flower/ foliage/ holly/ pine branch/ wreath etc!


I took my Camera when I drove up to Dad's today and stopped for a few minutes on the northern edge of Sherwood forest. There were lovely Autumn colours...


Then I saw this cloud passing over...
 so headed back to the car...
just as it's shadow reached me! By the time I had started the engine, the wipers needed to be on!
Hope you have managed to stay dry today!
Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

craftimamma said...

The glitter glue looks fab on the red base Sally! I bought that lovely poinsettia stencil from the Stampmagic show ;-). Thanks for sharing the lovely photos from just up the road. I think the colours have been exceptionally spectacular this year for some reason.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Cathy said...

Such a festive looking card, love the sparkle, Cathy x

Helen said...

I stopped by mainly for the autumn colours prompt but the card is fabulous. Glad you got back to the car before the rain!! Great photos - the water looks wonderful.

maria's knutselplezier said...

What a great Christmascard, great colours and beautiful sparkle!!!

Greetings
MAria

Jackie said...

A beautiful card Sally, and wonderful photographs :o)
Jackie xx

Cumbrianlass said...

Fabulous photos Sally I love all the Autumnal colours living in Cumbria is amazing at this time of year.
Love how you have used the be-Creative glitter glue will be having a go with some stencils I cut out using my Cameo.
Hugs Janet xxx

Sarn said...

Super photo's and a lovely glitzy card. Brilliant! xxx

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card Sally looks like your experiment worked well. Lovely photos toothe changing colours always amaze me at this time of year x Susan x

Canonbury creations said...

Gorgeous card Sally, so sparkly and festive and fab photos!
Val x

Helen J said...

It's great when an experiment works, isn't it? The card is great & the photos are lovely, well done on dodging the rain!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the effect of your card, so sparkly.

Beautiful Autumn photos, glad you didn't get wet!

Dora said...

beautiful card and that golden embossing is beautiful too.
Also your pictures, It is always so beautiful to watch.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

It's taking me awhile to catch up with all the bloging I've missed while I was away, I love all the cards you've made and the great photos especially the ones from Sunday with the sun. It's something we have been missing these last few day's, makes me wish we were still away.

Sue xx